Fasting trial advice please

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear wise ones, I'm on holiday in baking hot Greece for 2 weeks on half board. I thought I would give fasting a try having breakfast and then dinner by 19.30. Food options are very good but poor at lunchtime anyway. I'm on day 3 but it's hard as we have kids eating lunch right under my nose and feeling tired by the heat. I'm also exercising, walking and swimming.

My question is is it worth it or skipping b/fast would b better to extend the night fasting ?
I'm also following a low carb diet and my bs have been good so far (mainly testing after 1h30). My aim is to carry on loosing weight to reach my stone. I'm not letting this holiday ruin my efforts and want to keep under control. Thanks for your help.

hypoglycemia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fasting to test your Basal rate is ok but fasting to lose weight wont work as your body will defend itself, exercise is the way to go beginners 5km schedule for running, if your near a beach try running on sand or go cycling, walking or swimming.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How late can you have breakfast? Skipping lunch may be less worthwhile then having breakfast later.

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast is 9-10 am. I was trying intermittent fasting as a nutritionist friend told me I should read Michael Moseley 5:2 fast diet for diabetes. I haven't had a chance to speak properly to her so maybe I'm going a bit too fast.