Fasting?

Markwrig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm type 2 diabetic and have recently brought my weight down by alternate day fasting. It's taken about 4 months and I am now at my target weight. I've had mixed reaction from my diabetic supporters at my local GP's surgery.
I have not experienced and hypos, and I just drink water, coffee and sometimes Marmite in hot water on 3 fasting days each week.
Not at my target, I'm looking to maintain with a low carb diet.
I'm looking for other peoples' experiences.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi @Markwrig and welcome to the forum.
I used Low Carb from the start, then added some inter day fasting once I became fat adapted, so experience not applicable to you.
Did you mean to say "Now at my target" ?

How are your spot Blood Glucose figures and HbA1C? - BG doesn't always follow weight.
Some (minority) lose weight, but BG is stubborn, another minority get great BG reduction, but don't lose weight.

Markwrig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Markwrig and welcome to the forum.
I used Low Carb from the start, then added some inter day fasting once I became fat adapted, so experience not applicable to you.
Did you mean to say "Now at my target" ?

How are your spot Blood Glucose figures and HbA1C? - BG doesn't always follow weight.
Some (minority) lose weight, but BG is stubborn, another minority get great BG reduction, but don't lose weight.
Whoops! Yes, "now". Thanks

Reactions: Antje77