1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Fat - Interesting Piece

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by bulkbiker, Aug 12, 2018.

1. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

I hadn't seen this before.. thought it was quite interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Saw this a few weeks ago. It is twenty minutes of Gold.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I suffered severe sound issues with the clip. Had to max my graphuc equaliser to make sense of the commentary.

Apart from that it was an intersting piece, but I am left wondering what the message is it was conveying. It seems to be an easy introduction to assimilate the science of lipid storage, so that is my take on it,

Not sure it explains why we hate it though. I was waiting for Part II to start when it finished.

4. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

very interesting. thanks.

5. rosco 2

rosco 2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you, very thought provoking.

6. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

I had no problem with the sound. In future perhaps look for any video that seems to give this type of problem (sometimes re embedded pieces) directly on YouTube.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi All,

A few posts have been deleted from this thread.
    They were not deleted because of any forum rule breaking.
    They formed part of a discussion on whether the link to the video in the original post was safe to open. When the concerns proved to be unnecessary, the posts have been removed to prevent derailing the thread.

For those who may still wonder about the video's safety, we can reassure you.

It was hosted at youtu.be rather than youtube.com and concerns were expressed that youtu.be was not a legitimate source and might contain malware. The mod team have done some investigation and can confirm that youtu.be is owned and run by youtube, and it hosts the same youtube videos as the main youtube site. Yout.be was introduced as a way to increase the speed at which customers can access the videos and shorten the code needed for the videos. The '.be' designation shows that the sight is located in Belgium.

For anyone who wants a better explanation, this link will explain it better than I can! :)
    http://www.differencebetween.net/te.../difference-between-youtube-com-and-youtu-be/

In the meantime, please return to your former programming and let the Fat Discussion recommence... :D

Having said that, thank you to those who raised these concerns. It is always better to err on the side of caution and Report anything that you think may be a security risk. In addition, it is sensible for us all to keep our anti-virus software up to date and regularly run full scans whatever sites we visit (says the person who has her computer automated to run a full scan every few days :) ).

• Winner Winner x 4
  8. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

I'll just boost this up the ratings a bit in case anyone has missed it..

• Like Like x 1
  9. rab5

rab5 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Brilliant video. Anymore?

10. Our_lady_

Our_lady_ Type 2 · Newbie

• Like Like x 1
  11. Our_lady_

Our_lady_ Type 2 · Newbie

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook