Fatty liver disease and coldness.

Lillytan

Newly diagnosed and still struggle with what this all means etc.
I had a bad night last night, couldn’t get to sleep so I left my bed and went into the lounge to watch TV….then I ate a lot of chocolates which I’d previously been able to ignore, which lead to me eating cheese and crackers. This morning my blood level was 11.0 and no, I wasn’t surprised at all.
I had been fasting for 20 hrs for over a week prior to my episode of insomnia and eating last night and now I am in bed with a hot water bottle on my legs (moving it around as required) due to my legs and feet being freezing cold. I’ve had this a lot of times but not since I started only eating one meal a day, so I’m thinking this has to be diabetes related??? Also, I read my ultrasound scan report and apparently I have fatty liver and need to speak to my GP. I have made an appointment to see him next Friday…it’s the usual difficulty since covid with getting an appointment.
When I’m fasting i still can’t get my levels below 6 and often are about 8 so I’m thinking I will need to go onto medication which I’ve been trying to stay off.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well - 6 is good enough - I was only just seeing under 7 rather than under 8 when I had a blood test which showed my Hba1c was no loner in the diabetic range.
If you have a fatty liver then higher than you expected levels of glucose could be down to the liver getting rid of excess fat. My liver certainly shrank down impressively soon after diagnosis - I lost 12 inches off my waist - but I was practically spherical after the diet of high carb foods dictated by the GP to reduce cholesterol and save my life.