Faulty test strips

sophsmam

Went to check my daughter last night opened a new box of accu chek test strips inserted a test strip in her nano wouldn't turn on.I tried at least 10 even another meter still wouldn't work anyone had any problems before.it just happened to be her last box worried all night about her morning reading till her dad remembered we had just gotten a new unopened meter with 10 strips phew.

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Claire,
That has never happened to us, but i would suggest taking the faulty test strips back to the chemist and get them replaced, the chemist can then get intouch with the maker.
Glad you had a spare meter, its a real panic when youv'e no test strips, happened to us last week, entirely Andrews fault! He had threw empty test strip container back into his storage box, you can imagine my panic and language when i found it empty last Monday morning!! Eventually found an old meter with test strips still in use, he won't be doing that again.
Take care,
Suzi x

sophsmam

her dad had already phoned the chemist and they said they'd change them.but then he phoned accu chek and they didn't believe him saying it was a faulty meter,he explained that he'd tried another meter and that didn't work.And that her meter is working fine with a new box if they find a fault with them then they will recall that batch.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've never had that happen before. I have had an error message when I once tried to use test strips that had expired which I didn't realise.

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know this doesn't help you sophsmam, but it's weird - last night I dreamed that my meter wouldn't work with any of the test strips I put in! I'd overslept and was frantically trying not to be late for work. Ended up with a huge heap of strips that I'd tried. Fetched my spare meter and realised I'd been trying the wrong type of strips (I'm not suggesting you did that) and in my dream spent hours wandering around the hospital where I work, searching for a pack of the right strips.

Either that means something really deep and meaningful.... or maybe I was hypo! Although my T2 aunt phoned on Tues and mentioned testing, so that may have been the trigger for the dream. Setting the alarm for 3am tonight to check anyhow!