FDA approves Medtronic 670G Hybrid Closed Loop system

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At only £10000 and strictly reserved for those in central London, you can pre-order your pump now!

Jokes aside, this is a lot earlier than I would have ever thought. Maybe it will start the ball rolling and other manufacturers will want a piece of the closed loop pie, driving improvements forward. I just hope that there will be sufficient DSN's throughout the country that are trained up in order to support users of this pump.

Grant

Last edited:

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
A massive step in the right direction.I to have contacted Medtronic UK for information and also a running cost,but still awaiting a reply.

Reactions: GrantGam

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They talk about approvals outside of the US coming in the middle of 2017.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It's an amazing step in the right direction for diabetes management in general. I've only been on a insulin pump since May this year, with self funded occasional CGM use, which already seems a world away from when I first became diabetic in 1997 and pre carb counting! Here's hoping we all get one soon enough and all the support network is in place!

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
Sounds like a good system but as you will need a CGM system to run with it i suspect most of us will not be able to have it as CGM's are restricted somewhat unless you can afford to fund it yourself.

Its a big step in the right direction and i like everyone look forward to see results once its been in operational service.

Regards

Martin