FEAR: Is it normal to be so frightened that we get paranoia?

MAFG666

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm a trucker and felt a little numb round my feet, I related with what the nurse told me about extremeties and though only 5.6 averaging: I concluded I was ill. An hour later I switched the heater from screen to footwell: I felt a proper mug- my feet soon warmed up. I do have screws in my feet that attract the cold. Did you all get hyperparanoia with fear of your new illness?

Reactions: 2 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hell yeah. I had an odd numb sensation where my big toe joins my foot and was thinking..oh great...but when I stopped sitting with it bent as I used my computer..guess what? Yeah..I guess we will get used to it and worry less...a bit..kinda. After my transplant, i kept thinking it's gonna reject...it hasn't yet....and now I think if it happens it happens. Worrying about it will do zilch other than increase my stress. So I decided to feel good about there being no sings of rejection, and to feel good that my diabetes was caught early and that I took control of my diet and turned things around a bit. Hey, one day we could be worrying about some odd feeling in our feet when a bus goes right over the top of us, you know?

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When my husband was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm and it had got to the stage that it could burst within a year waiting for his op was nerve racking.