Type 2 Fed Up Looking At Labels When Shopping

red1mot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Is there anything you can eat which is zero carb and zero sugar or anything close to that apart from veg sick of eating like a rabbit

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No not really. Same here. My husband eats all the things I can't; his diet has always been worse than mine was but I have the T2 diabetes!!! .I do sometimes have some raspberries and cream but not often.

I too am hoping others can come up with lots of ideas.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'd rather be sick of looking at labels than sick of looking at the space where my toes used to be. Sounds harsh but it is what it is.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
My approach is to tell myself that nourishment is a necessary evil due to bad design of the human body. A bit weird, I know :)

Reactions: LooperCat

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I never read food labels, except for entertainment purposes.

Reactions: lindijanice

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Try not eating things that don't have a label on them and you should be fine.....Paleo anybody?! Or carnivore?! It is amazing how simple things get when you don't buy processed, in a package foods......I have switched to Paleo and really liking the freedom of it - not for everyone - but working for me and my gut!! Cheers/L

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The good news is that once you get used to eating sensibly (low carb) it will come naturally and reading food labels will be unnecessary