Fed up with eggs for breakfast!

Reetpetite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Crowds, traffic jams, pollution, housework
Hi all,

I never thought I would ever hear myself saying I am fed up with eggs! Before being diagnosed in May this year I ate eggs fairly regularly and of course used them in cooking. However, lately I seem to be having them every day for breakfast and am not enjoying them like I used to - like some other people here on the forum my most problematic meal is breakfast - I sometimes want something quick which usually means eggs, boiled, scrambled, poached or occasionally fried. I have tried making them into omelettes, baked in oven in tomatoes, or with ham and mushrooms. I have also made Egg Muffins (with sausage and bacon) but I'm now craving something else. Any ideas?

I do have other things for breakfast too - I occasionally have bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms or cheese and ham. Unfortunately, I can't seem to tolerate yoghurt in the morning or fruit - although I can have it later in the day.

Anyone else get fed up with eggs? Sorry for the rant!

Rita

Reactions: lorraine95

Katharine

I started making almond bread in the spring and now eat this for breakfast with a high fruit spread.

I still eat loads of eggs but have moved them onto lunches that I have at home or when I have that special dish we all enjoy "left overs in the fridge" omlette. Devilled eggs is another thing I can't resist.

I finally bit the bullet and got two non stick loaf pans and a bigger food mixer so I double the quantity and make two at a time. The cost is £5.50 for the ingredients for one loaf. I got "baking genius" loaf tins from Lakeland and they are great.

Here is the recipe:

LOIS LANG’S LOW CARB BREAD (Originally posted by Ginny)

2 ½ cups blanched almond meal
¼ LOIS LANG’S LOW CARB BREAD (Originally posted by Ginny)

2 ½ cups blanched almond meal
¼ cup butter – melted
1 cup dry curd cottage cheese
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
3 eggs
Sweetener (equivalent of 1 teaspoon sugar); optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, mix melted butter, cottage cheese, baking soda, and salt; add eggs one at a time, beating or mixing well between each egg; then add almond meal.

Grease a loaf pan (about 4 x 8 inches) generously with butter and coat bottom with almond meal (or spray with non-stick cooking oil). Pour batter into pan, smoothing top.

Bake at 350 F for about one hour (see note below) until lightly browned on top. Check by inserting a metal kitchen knife. It will come out clean when bread is done.

Remove from oven and run a metal spatula around the sides of the pan, pressing gently against the loaf to loosen at the corners and bottom of the pan.

Remove bread from pan and cool on a wire rack.

NOTE: The original recipe says to bake for about an hour. That would be too long in our oven. Start watching it carefully after 45 minutes.cup butter – melted
1 cup dry curd cottage cheese
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
3 eggs
Sweetener (equivalent of 1 teaspoon sugar); optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, mix melted butter, cottage cheese, baking soda, and salt; add eggs one at a time, beating or mixing well between each egg; then add almond meal.

Grease a loaf pan (about 4 x 8 inches) generously with butter and coat bottom with almond meal (or spray with non-stick cooking oil). Pour batter into pan, smoothing top.

Bake at 350 F for about one hour (see note below) until lightly browned on top. Check by inserting a metal kitchen knife. It will come out clean when bread is done.

Remove from oven and run a metal spatula around the sides of the pan, pressing gently against the loaf to loosen at the corners and bottom of the pan.

Remove bread from pan and cool on a wire rack.

NOTE: The original recipe says to bake for about an hour. That would be too long in our oven. Start watching it carefully after 45 minutes.