1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Fed Up

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by clarey123, Aug 5, 2016.

1. clarey123

clarey123 Type 1 · Member

Feeling fed up since starting my new insulins in July feel like I am fighting a loosing battle now as one month later after starting novorapid and levemir I still cant get the right balance.......

2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hi @clarey123 - going to move your post to type 1 to get more visibility with other type 1's.

Can you give us some more details in regards to your daily regime ?

Big hug, it's always work in progress but it does get better.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Are you splitting the Levemir? Levemir definitely does not last 24 hours so you need to split your dose in half and take morning and evening.

Have you done the basal testing routine? If not search it on here it's very handy.

You also need to know how many units of fast acting to take for your carbs. The starting point is 1 unit per 10 grams of carb but you need to test.

Also if you are not having much fun with Novorapid get your GP to change you to Humalog or Apidra.

Change one thing at a time and follow improvements. Low carb if you don't already.

Best

Dillinger

4. clarey123

clarey123 Type 1 · Member

Thanks for the reply Juicyj and Dillinger I currently have 16 units of levemir am and 2 units novorapid as when my feet hit the ground blood sugar rises 1-1.5mmols. 1:8 ratio of novorapid breakfast and lunch and 1:10 ratio at dinner and 30 units levemir pm currently seem to have lows around 3-4pm before bed levels are within range but always wake above 10 which is not great. think the levemir is my biggest problem maybe its not right for me.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook