Fed Up

LornaFarrell

Having one of those days where I just feel fed up.

My blood sugar has been high despite me doing my best to control it, which is probably why I have a headache. The children are in grumpy moods and just want to cry/climb on me. The toddler fell asleep in the car which means he’ll probably be up until 10pm. My husband is away all weekend with his friends so I have no chance of getting a break for at least a week. I’m trying to launch a business while simultaneously looking after the children (and I need the money for household bills so I can’t just not do it). I just discovered I messed up my knitting and had to rip out a week’s work. I’m gaining weight, which I really don’t need to do. And I JUST WANT TO EAT SOMETHING INVOLVING SUGAR. Like a pavlova, or a trifle. Or some shortbread.

No point to this post at all, just fed up!

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @LornaFarrell feel for you:wacky: Good that you can vent off and we are hear to support you.:happy: If you fancy some shortbread have some, (but not to much);)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
'The good times and the bad times both will pass'.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Can you push the kids outside for a while? Take a deep breath while they are not in the room.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey @LornaFarrell sorry you are having such a day....so many things demanding your attention and not enough arms, legs, laps to accomplish it all!! Try making yourself a good cuppa or a nice coffee and as @Terrytiddy said, maybe have that one shortbread with it....sometimes life happens and we have to do something we normally wouldn't, like one shortbread will not be the end of you! Perhaps you can get the kids busy in another room for quiet time and you can have some too.....Trust your weekend goes better! Got a friend you can call who would take the kids for a couple of hours or come over and entertain them for you???? Blessings/L

Reactions: Prem51

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe a walk to a playground where the kids can run around - get tired, and the fresh air might help your head.
I also prescribe a knitting machine,to assist the making of garments and no sugar jelly with cream just because we can.

Reactions: Energize

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Vent away! We're here to listen! Big hug coming your way. Any chance you can indulge in too expensive cheeses or such instead of pavlova?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hope you're feel better this morning? A good night sleep can make all the difference to us mums to young children (one of mine is autistic).
Just settling 11yr old into a superb school but a bit of a culture shock to his dad more than anyone. He's doing his only bit he knows... being a supportive dad. :) Maybe not as perfect as some dad's but 11yr old appreciates him.
Perfection is overrated!