RoDnEyBoY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Towie type people
Evening all,

Just dialled up carbs on hand set pushed deliver and for the first time ever I felt the delivery of insulin I would not say it hurt or was too uncomfortable but it took me by surprise.

Is this normal?

Should I replace my cannula?

Thank you

RoDnEyBoY.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Some times it can come down to the delivery rate. I'm on a Vibe and I change the rate from normal to slow as I felt it when in my tummy. I have to go into settings to change my pump. That might help just to slow it.

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This sometimes happens with a large dose and as Julie said, it might be worth altering your settings to a slow delivery. I think normal delivery is 1 unit every second, whereas slow is 1 unit every 5 seconds?

FlashManDo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Stupid ppl!!!!
I get it sometimes depends where my cannula is, it's not painful just a bit of a weird sensation. I just ignore it and carry on

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

RoDnEyBoY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Towie type people
Thanks for the replies.

After a days work even the slightest bend made the cannula feel really uncomfortable , so I re-sited another one ,I just dialled up carbs for evening meal and could feel it again.

It just seems weird that I have been on the pump for a month and all of a sudden I can feel the delivery yet I never did once before?

RoDnEyBoY.

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had the same thing too after 2 months on the pump various times I've felt it going in. It's strange though as its not always consistent throughout the days with the same site but it can come with abit of a sting at times, not a patch on the often painful stings of the normal needles though phew!!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I feel it too but it seems to vary based on the canula insertion. Each time I insert a new one, the injections of insulin might or might not be noticeable. It's constant for the life of that canula until I change the canula. I use the standard 1u / sec delivery rate. My guess would be that, like a pen injection, how it feels depends how close the canula is to a nerve.

As I am new to pumps, I actually find it reassuring if I can feel the insulin going in. It's better than wondering and not knowing!

On the down side I wonder if a little discomfort might mean that the canula is inserted at a bad angle or too shallow??

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
It might mean that the canula is at a slight angle, but will still delver insulin.

Reactions: 2 people