Feeling Depressed

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Shaydollar811 Sorry you're feeling so down. Is there any particular aspect that's upsetting you?

A diabetes diagnosis is a shock and it can take time to adjust to it all.

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
@Shaydollar811 it's very very common in T2 diabetics. I've had it lots of times and it's awful, there are treatments. You need hope in this low time. Sending you hugs. :)

Reactions: 4 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It happens to us all on diagnosis I'd say. Sorry you are feeling so depressed. It probably won't help you now but try to remember it isn't the end of your life, diabetes is manageable and it shouldn't stop you doing anything - well apart from eating lots of cakes and sweet stuff :)

Spend some time around the forum, I quickly realised that I could cope with this, I could enjoy my life still - drink red wine, eat cheese, feel healthier and manage my condition. But I also remember how devastated I was so take so time for yourself, read about the condition and then you may feel calmer.

Best of luck, please remember you are not alone.

Reactions: 7 people

Shaydollar811

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It happens to us all on diagnosis I'd say. Sorry you are feeling so depressed. It probably won't help you now but try to remember it isn't the end of your life, diabetes is manageable and it shouldn't stop you doing anything - well apart from eating lots of cakes and sweet stuff :)

Spend some time around the forum, I quickly realised that I could cope with this, I could enjoy my life still - drink red wine, eat cheese, feel healthier and manage my condition. But I also remember how devastated I was so take so time for yourself, read about the condition and then you may feel calmer.

Best of luck, please remember you are not alone.
Thank u much love to you it does help reading all the inspiring stories from my T2 family blessings

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Shaydollar811 and welcome to the forum. It is a shock when you get that diagnosis and takes a bit of time to come to terms with it. But diabetes can be managed. It won't take your life, unless you let it.
Depression is an illness too, you need to speak to your GP about how you are feeling. You might need some support in getting through it with medication or counselling, or both.
It does help to feel less isolated by talking to people on here.