Feeling down.

Lynne C J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey....
This has took a lot of courage for me to write online, just because I feel so isolated right now.

I'm a type 1 diabetic teenager, I'm 15.
I really feel bad right now. I've been feeling suicidal for a few weeks and have told my friend that is closest. They said they'll be by my side so I guess I can look forward to that. I feel like this could be brought on because since I was diagnosed at 13 (2017) I've felt really terrible and never really been able to do my diabetes right, and I get shown that everyone elses is perfect at appointments except mine. I used to have an NHS psychologist but she has since left me. And I just feel depressed, like I'm going to break down.

I feel like if I tell my dad or family I'd just be judged, and don't fancy telling my school because of the fear that they could take me from my family and place me into social services :/
Hi Raymond J
Please talk to your family and ask if there is a counsellor at school, you do need someone you can trust that you can offload onto. Being T1 can be overwhelming and you can get lots of support and help on here. Hang in there, it will get better x

bmtest

Very difficult age to be diagnosed so your feelings are normal, I was always told diabetes is like brushing your teeth it's something you must do daily and I accepted it on that basis alone.

You maybe over complexing the matter inject and test it's as simple as that and yes I know its better without diabetes but you are not in that situ things will get easier as you mature.

I could not tell you what my tests are or ever could i just follow that inject test that's it nothing more Hb1 dont event bother with that and 40+ years since diagnosed and I still have not managed to kill myself or get any complication the biggest complication is wife.

Josh1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I signed in for the first time in many years to reply to your comment. I’ve had Type 1 since I was 5 years of age, on many syringes a day, 24 1/2 years later I’ve been through a lot. My advice to you Raymond is to not worry about another’s control, focus solely on your own control. Do your blood sugars, keep them around 6-8 through the day and no less than 10-12 before bedtime. It’s a strategy I was told 24 years ago and stuck to. As for the suicidal thoughts, confide in your parent/parents, they will listen to you I can almost guarantee. Everything will be fine. Diabetes, to me has been a lot easier to deal with than I hear of other people dealing with it. You’ve had it for 2 years, you can’t expect to have perfect control and have mastered the art of injecting. The older you get the easier it gets. Just like everything else, experience always wins. The best of luck!

Shannon27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning @RaymondJ how are you doing? Hope things have started working out for you :) remember there's always people here who you can talk to :)