Feeling hungry all the time?

Abby's

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I seem to be eating more and more and don't know whether it's due to the insulin? Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to suppress this hunger?

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think pretty much all of us get hungry.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you're dealing with low blood sugar that could absolutely make you hungry. Can you explain the situation a bit better?

If you're recently diagnosed, your body is probably trying to gain back the muscle that it may have lost. I know I gained 20-30 pounds very rapidly after I started on insulin, but that's because I lost 30-40 prior to that.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. In general reducing the carbs and increasing proteins and fats will help reduce hunger as proteins and fats are known to make you feel full for longer.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Fluctuating BS in either direction makes me hungry. if I don't match my insulin timing to my food correctly I am ravenous.

cz_dave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. In general reducing the carbs and increasing proteins and fats will help reduce hunger as proteins and fats are known to make you feel full for longer.
Definitely agree. Thanks to eating low carb/high fat, I do not feel hungry in between meals. However, I eat a lot, especially for lunch and dinner.

My dinner today:
- 20 pistachio nuts
- crispbread with tahini
- fish with tomato sauce
- sautéed spinach with olive oil
- green salad
- parmigiano cheese
- red wine
- almond cake

Great dinner ;)

Reactions: 2 people