Feeling lightheaded

Dick hannay

Hi, I’m new to the forum, although my t2 diagnosis is 11yrs. I’m waiting for a call back from the surgery as within the last ten days have felt dreadful. Lightheaded/dizziness first thing and then intermittently. This period is the first time I’ve felt this bad - have successfully controlled most of this time with diet and exercise. I can’t function properly as my head is swimming. Any advice would be gratefully received - clearly need to reevaluate my diet.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi @**** hannay and welcome to the forums.

Are you checking your blood glucose? What sort of numbers are you getting?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello, no - in short. I’m booked in to have some tests. This probably sounds weird doesn’t it? Over ten years diagnosis.

Most of our T2 forum members have obtained their own glucose testing equipment. It does take a lot of the guesswork out and the meters can sometimes be blagged for free from manufacturers because of the money they make from test strips.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Have you checked your blood pressure?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Without doing some home blood tests at the time you feel dizzy you cannot tell whether its related to that or something else entirely, just because you have diabetes does not mean everything that goes iffy is related to it, we still get stuff others get