feeling low

Pammy_50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am feeling so low presently I have struggled with a pancreatic tumour and major surgery I am also newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes insulin dependent but reading on this forum site I think I may be type 3c diabetes I cannot keep my levels at a good place.
I am also due to have assessment for my ESA benefit next week and struggling to attend the interview I am great full to be alive and great full for every single day I am alive.
My weight gain is depressing cannot understand has I tend not to eat a great deal each day.
I am receiving support via my local hospice with mmacmillian nurse but I still feel low and isolated anyone else out there feel or going through the same.
Thanks in advance for allowing rant x

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Pammy_50 Sorry to hear you are feeling low ;) It does help to have a rant, and I do know that night time is the time when you can feeling quite low, so hoping you are feeling a bit brighter this morning, take each day as it comes and try to be gentle on yourself, you've come through a lot and stress doesn't help your blood glucose levels. I find walking is a good way to lift the spirits, best wishes :)

Reactions: Prem51

Bon83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am feeling so low presently I have struggled with a pancreatic tumour and major surgery I am also newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes insulin dependent but reading on this forum site I think I may be type 3c diabetes I cannot keep my levels at a good place.
I am also due to have assessment for my ESA benefit next week and struggling to attend the interview I am great full to be alive and great full for every single day I am alive.
My weight gain is depressing cannot understand has I tend not to eat a great deal each day.
I am receiving support via my local hospice with mmacmillian nurse but I still feel low and isolated anyone else out there feel or going through the same.
I think you are absolutely miraculous to be still going on with all these things to cope with. You have fantastic self awareness and I can tell you are a strong person! Perhaps try and look for a local support group? I know it can be hard to face new people but at least they will know some of what you feel. I sometimes feel very frustrated with type 1 diabetes I say frustrated but i really mean wowe is me why is this fair - so I can't even imagine how you must feel. You are allowed to feel low and I believe talking about it makes it feel slightly better. Be angry with life but never with yourself!

Reactions: Juicyj and Prem51

Pammy_50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dear Pammy,

I am sorry to hear you are going through a rough spot with a lot piled on at once. I, like you, feel grateful to be alive and having almost died a few times but with human nature I start taking my existence for granted too often.

As for weight, it isn't so much important. I find , how much I eat, but what and when. In fact, eating too little tends to slow my metabolism, don't know about yours. Sometimes, too, having a very tiny amount of something wonderful can kind of spark up the day. Imagine you find just one chocolate M and M candy. It's tiny. You might ordinarily want thirty or so of them. But if you had the one, you would be surprised and delighted and maybe pause more in the tasting of it, maybe take a while for the candy sheel to dissolve before getting to the chocolate, maybe think about the flavour, maybe even disdain it by thinking about the artificial coloring. But, in all its tiny imperfection, it would be a momentary joy

Pammy_50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Pammy_50 Sorry to hear you are feeling low ;) It does help to have a rant, and I do know that night time is the time when you can feeling quite low, so hoping you are feeling a bit brighter this morning, take each day as it comes and try to be gentle on yourself, you've come through a lot and stress doesn't help your blood glucose levels. I find walking is a good way to lift the spirits, best wishes :)
Thank you x

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I know that feeling all too well.