Feeling numb....:(

debbiiee

Most of the morning while getting up, i feel numbness in both my extremeties which get resolves soon after getting out of the bed. I notice that numbness starts if i keep my legs or hands in the same position for more than few minutes... My hbA1c is 7.1 & a year going to be completed after diagnosis. My metabolic control is quite good... What is causing this numbness??:confused::confused:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
your HbA1c isnt bad, how are you blood sugars throughout the day...........

are there many hypos or spiking blood sugars..........?

yo yoing blood sugar levels can damage the micro-vascular system which is connected to nerves etc, so it is possible there may be a connections, but you say the numbness corrects itself when you start moving around...........so might not be directly connected to anything diabetes.......

I am not a Doctor though, so I am just thinking logically, which may be wrong lol.......

Reactions: 5 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds a bit like circulation - slows down during the night and also affected by cold weather. Obviously best to refer to your doctor or consultant.

Reactions: 3 people

**shell**

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insects, ignorance, horror films.
I've been getting the same thing, I've been describing mine more as a fizzying (not quite pins and needles) rather than numbness. It's in my hands/fingers on a morning, I tend to notice it when I'm in the shower so I've put it down to a mixture of warmth and movement. It comes and goes so if it gets more persistent I'll see my GP. X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

toby64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all, i do not feel that it is anything to do with your diabetes it is more likely a pinched nerve somewhere in your back or neck, we tend to show up with these sort of issues when you are in the same position for long periods, i would be contacting a chiropractor or bowen theripist if where m, over the years i have been a diabetic have had a few of your issues and seen on of the above and then i was back to normal, i have been a diabetic for 53 years, hope this may help.
Kind regards
Toby

Reactions: 2 people