Feeling really down about it all

ElaineLindsay

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I’m new to this site, was diagnosed as LADA 3 weeks ago and like you feeling quite down about it. Have been given loads of information from my lead nurse who is very helpful. Also attended diabetic step programme which is really good but a bit overwhelming.

Mags H

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya Mags thanks for this message I just replied to one of your posts haha. Since then I’ve been better as finally saw someone that knows about our type of diabetes and been put on the right path. Atm I’m not on insulin but it’s on the horizon. Hope your feeling better after hospital visit. Where about a are you eg in the uk?
Glad your feeling better about it all, its a lot to take in and I'm still getting my head around it too. Haha you were replying to one of my posts, it's a great place isn't it to share because we can all relate, plus I've learnt so much...things my consultant or nurse haven't told me, but I suppose there is so much to the condition, it's an on going process. I'm west mids Coventry

spage

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I’m new to this site, was diagnosed as LADA 3 weeks ago and like you feeling quite down about it. Have been given loads of information from my lead nurse who is very helpful. Also attended diabetic step programme which is really good but a bit overwhelming.

Hiya Elaine

Welcome to the forums. It’s good to find newbies as you can relate more to them than others that have more knowledge eg when things go over our helps in confusion lol but the ones with more experience is so helpful to ask questions. The low does start to go as time goes on since this post I have actually had an appointment with someone that actually know about the condition and what they are talking about so was able to explain it all better. If you have any questions please ask x

spage

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad your feeling better about it all, its a lot to take in and I'm still getting my head around it too. Haha you were replying to one of my posts, it's a great place isn't it to share because we can all relate, plus I've learnt so much...things my consultant or nurse haven't told me, but I suppose there is so much to the condition, it's an on going process. I'm west mids Coventry

Haha it’s nice for new people to talk as we are all feelin the same. It’s all learning process atm. I’m from West Sussex on south coast

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there Mags, from one Coventrian to another! x