Feeling rough 24 hours post Hypo

lollyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is it 'normal' to feel quite shaky for 24 hours post Hypo? I keep check my sugars during this time but they are within normal limits.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Negative People
I have experience this I'm hyo and when my sugars are fighting for so long sometimes mainly the next day l'll drop and shakiness comes with it

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I've had that too (mostly feel it in my shoulders)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @lollyann1 . Sorry you've had a bad hypo.
How long have you been diagnosed?
When I was first diagnosed many years ago, hypos always knocked me for six for a good few hours and I'd still feel off the next day. Hypos are very stressful on our bodies. Everything is shutting down and we go into survival mode, the essential life support mechanisms take priority over everything else ( especially in a severe hypo ). All of this takes a toll on us.
I often recall saying that I felt like I had been ran over by a bus.:):). You can't really pinpoint the pain or discomfort it's just everywhere.
Over time, although hypos are still a **** nuisance there affects on me after are not as bad. Usually back to normal feeling fine within an hour tops.
Biggest problem is if I've eaten the contents of my kitchen and then I just feel sick and bloated.:banghead::banghead:

Reactions: Madmaureen

lollyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @lollyann1 . Sorry you've had a bad hypo.
How long have you been diagnosed?
When I was first diagnosed many years ago, hypos always knocked me for six for a good few hours and I'd still feel off the next day. Hypos are very stressful on our bodies. Everything is shutting down and we go into survival mode, the essential life support mechanisms take priority over everything else ( especially in a severe hypo ). All of this takes a toll on us.
I often recall saying that I felt like I had been ran over by a bus.:):). You can't really pinpoint the pain or discomfort it's just everywhere.
Over time, although hypos are still a **** nuisance there affects on me after are not as bad. Usually back to normal feeling fine within an hour tops.
Biggest problem is if I've eaten the contents of my kitchen and then I just feel sick and bloated.:banghead::banghead:

I was diagnosed a few years' ago and I have not had many hypo's for the last year thank goodness. I was told I used to keep my blood sugars 'too tight', thus running a greater risk of hypo's, according to my Diabetic Doctor

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@lollyann1 . Tight control always increases the chances of us going hypo. There's not much room for error between 6.5 and 4 is there ? :banghead::banghead::banghead:.
Hopefully it'll be awhile before you have another hypo that knocks you about.

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can find this happens to me. Every hypo is different and unfortunately I sometimes feel the effects for longer, the ‘hypo hangover’

lollyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't get any warnings that a hypo' is about to happen; I expect many others have the same problem. I had my Pancreas removed so immediately became T1

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
That's really hard. Would it help to have some sort of continuous glucose monitor? I'd have thought you might be eligible for NHS funding with no hypo awareness?
Minor hypos are fine, but if I have a big one I definitely suffer from a hypo hangover.

Reactions: mytype1.life

lollyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's really hard. Would it help to have some sort of continuous glucose monitor? I'd have thought you might be eligible for NHS funding with no hypo awareness?
Minor hypos are fine, but if I have a big one I definitely suffer from a hypo hangover.

Hi I am due to see my Diabetic Nurse next week so I will mention the continuous glucose monitor and see if she comes up with a suggestion for something like that; would be such a help

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
My Hypos if bad leave me shaky for a couple of hours and will always leave me with an hideous headache right above my eyes. The headache can last half a day.

Symptoms have changed over the years (36) when low but the shakiness and headaches remain as they have all my diabetic life.