Feeling yucky

gem09

So when I woke up I felt really sick and couldn't think why. So went about my business and got showered and ready couldn't figure out why I wasn't right. When I tested my bm it was 25!!!!! Took novorapid insulin from a pen and took out my cannula and it was bent over inside me! Obviously wasn't getting insulin all night,no wonder I felt sick :(

Prob hard to see in the picture but it was bent in half :(

Ugh diabetes.

Sent from my D5803 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Attachments

• 1469263545633.jpg
    1469263545633.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 228

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
So when I woke up I felt really sick and couldn't think why. So went about my business and got showered and ready couldn't figure out why I wasn't right. When I tested my bm it was 25!!!!! Took novorapid insulin from a pen and took out my cannula and it was bent over inside me! Obviously wasn't getting insulin all night,no wonder I felt sick :(

Prob hard to see in the picture but it was bent in half :(

Ugh diabetes.

Oh dear..that looks and sounds truly terrible. :(

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

gem09

The only good thing was i had used the previous cannula to take what I needed for dinner etc last night and then changed it just before bed so it was mainly basal I missed overnight.

I'd love someone to come and put some iv fluids up for me lol

And the annoying thing is I'd planned what I was making for a lovely breakfast... Will now be delayed until lunch when my bm finally comes down! Lol.

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
Always sucks when a set doesn't go in right. I think more people need to be aware of the danger when considering a pump in general. Glad you were ok in the long run. Worst for me though is when you are betrayed by a set that worked on day one and somehow slips free overnight but the set LOOKS ok so you carry on and get more and more ill wondering why corrections don't work. :(

Reactions: 2 people