Fell of the wagon need advice please

shandromeda

Dislikes
grumpy people
Hi i haven't been on in awhile,i had a bad attack of Neuralgia and went into depression and i didn't care what i ate,then it got a bit better and we took a holiday (more wrong food) and to finish Christmas.I hadn't been testing my BS but i did yesterday and it was 16.3 which i know is far to high.I am feeling better with the other problems i had but i need to get my BS down and fast as i want to get back on track again. I felt so bad because before the neuralgia attack i was dieting exercising and my BS was coming down nicely i was feeling happy in myself .I know from trying that having no carbs didn't work for my BS but just having a bit was bringing my BS down.I bought myself a wii fit plus and have been on it three times this week,excercise use to bring my BS down but i took it today and it was 15.5.Can any one help please i really want to get my BS down quick to a safer level,shan x

lilibet

I believe that exercise (esp if you start on a certain level, not meant to do it if its over 14 if I recall) can raise bg. It does it to me - think it may be related to body thinking you need more energy and dumping glucose from your liver to help you out

If you want to get it down quickly then perhaps consider dietary changes (lowering carbs), continue with more gentle exercise to see if it works, and if it isnt working then get medication reviewed

Good luck

kay957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I manage to keep my carbs down to a min and exercise as much as I can, i.e walking the dog, or just a general stroll, it keeps my BS levels down lovely. I only ever attempt a walk somewhere if I have eaten food. If I go out 2 hours after food my BG levels are about 7.6 and after a walk it can be as low as 4.9, so I always make sure I have enough ebergy to do that.