Fiasp ratios on pump

LizzieNI

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I've been on Fiasp over a month now and need some help please. Upon starting it I read online about reducing the active insulin by only a small amount as it still has tail, but I didn't make any other changes. But I'm experiencing lots of hypos 2-4 hours after eating. I'm bad at taking insulin before before meals (reason I changed to it), so it's usually midmeal or immediately after. I know being better at this would make for better results - my postmeal BG is usually roaring. But I'm having these hypos after this - the speedy Fiasp overworking when it gets going, leading to rapid, severe drops.
So I've decided to increase my insulin sensitivity on the pump, but should I also change the carb ratio? I'm aware I should probably only make one change and see how it goes but I'd like the advice now. Maybe I should increase the insulin activity again too? I reduced it 2hrs45min....
Maybe being a good diabetic and taking insulin before eating would solve it all? My sister is an angel, taking her Novorapid at the correct time ahead.... I'm pretty ropey at carb counting too (especially re sweet things and chocolate) - which doesn't help the rapid descent of BG.

Thanks in advance for your time and wisdom.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I think you know what you should do ref having bolus pre meal.... and better carb counting etc is essential...

I think you know the main difficulties are the ones that you mention about yourself, and best advice from me would be trying to see what happens if you put your mind more towards improving your routine for a while and see if that does help..

Reactions: LizzieNI

LizzieNI

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think you know what you should do ref having bolus pre meal.... and better carb counting etc is essential...

I think you know the main difficulties are the ones that you mention about yourself, and best advice from me would be trying to see what happens if you put your mind more towards improving your routine for a while and see if that does help..
Thanks. Taking insulin pre-meal didn't stop the hypo after lunch but will see how it is after a few days.