Finally feel comfortable joining here :)

Dion Desmond

Hey i’m Dion 29, I’ve been diagnosed 7 years now but was wrongly misdiagnosed as type 2 so my Hba1c was disastrous for many years as I wasn’t receiving the training or correct support/ any check ups except bloods.
No longterm issues thankfully so far. But after moving surgeries to get the help needed and was lacking, I was told to join this forum for support from a great community by my diabetic nurse which i’ve never had!
Im now thankfully heading in the right direction as my Hba1c was 114mmo a couple of years ago and my recent dropped to 70mmo/ml.
Today I’ve just completed my nutritional course to help me further and felt its time to venture into the site and join myself up for further help and support.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dion and welcome.
I'm presuming they decided you were T1 in the end?
Are you following any particular dietary regime at the moment?

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome ! This forum is a great place to ask questions and read interesting threads.

Dion Desmond

Hi Dion and welcome.
I'm presuming they decided you were T1 in the end?
Are you following any particular dietary regime at the moment?

Thanks. No, I moved surgery after being withheld my insulin by receptionists and lack of support/no official diabetic dr or nurse and when they sent my medical file over they was amazed at the balls up which was made by my old gp.
I was given some tips/support when I transferred but I will now be doing the carb counting properly after attending the course and have an insulin/carb ratio to follow but it feels like I’m starting out newly diagnosed again.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Thanks. No, I moved surgery after being withheld my insulin by receptionists and lack of support/no official diabetic dr or nurse and when they sent my medical file over they was amazed at the balls up which was made by my old gp.

Sorry, still confused here. What kind of diabetes do you have? (It's just that T1s and T2s have very different issues so that the advice needed for each is very different).

Glad that you seem to be getting the care you need now, though. Shocking how neglectful some doctors are of all diabetics, though T2s seem to suffer the most neglect....

Edited to add, it might be helpful to add your diabetes type to your profile....

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey i’m Dion 29, I’ve been diagnosed 7 years now but was wrongly misdiagnosed as type 2 so my Hba1c was disastrous for many years as I wasn’t receiving the training or correct support/ any check ups except bloods.
No longterm issues thankfully so far. But after moving surgeries to get the help needed and was lacking, I was told to join this forum for support from a great community by my diabetic nurse which i’ve never had!
Im now thankfully heading in the right direction as my Hba1c was 114mmo a couple of years ago and my recent dropped to 70mmo/ml.
Today I’ve just completed my nutritional course to help me further and felt its time to venture into the site and join myself up for further help and support.

Hi there Dion, and welcome aboard. I do hope we can help you move further forward with your diabetes, over time.

One thing I would ask of you would be to update your profile with your diabetes type (which bearing in mind your misdiagnosis comment is either T1 or maybe LADA) and any medications you take to help you manage your condition?

You do that by going to your account. In your browser (can be in your phone, although it is small there!), go to your account settings, by clicking your user name on the top left of the screen, and from there, there's a menu on the left hand side.

That really does help members make useful, and appropriate comments on posts you might make. Nobody wants to give, or receive inappropriate guideance.