Finally..... getting a freestyle !!

captaindave

So after 6 years of battling various levels of nhs ineptitude , getting fitted with Libre next week...

Im hoping my personal Android mobile will be ok for the App ( 2016 Android 7.1.1 ) if not, i have another Android i use for work which have only recently purchased.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does your phone have NFC?
If not, you cannot start or read the sensors.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
So after 6 years of battling various levels of nhs ineptitude , getting fitted with Libre next week...

Im hoping my personal Android mobile will be ok for the App ( 2016 Android 7.1.1 ) if not, i have another Android i use for work which have only recently purchased.
Hi, well done getting it, may I ask if you did training and if so what was involved please? I have training on 14th but have been using it for years so just wondering how bad I will hate it lol

captaindave

Hi, well done getting it, may I ask if you did training and if so what was involved please? I have training on 14th but have been using it for years so just wondering how bad I will hate it lol

Havnt got it yet - will be next week.

captaindave

Just had a look in phone settings :

There is one called " NFC and payment" ..... make mobile payments, share data, and read or write NFC tags.

That sounds promising.

Reactions: Ipodlistener

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have a look at the phone manufacturer's website manual as NFC is part of the hardware and not Android.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Ridiculous when you have been using it for years. I was just directed to the online Libre training which I could watch if I wanted to. It wasn’t mandatory. I found them quite interesting but frankly I had already got it sussed through practical experience.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I really don't Know how you all get access to this technology ( Libre 2 ) i've been in touch with my Drs , Elsie Bertram diabetes centre , and tonight my local mp , nobody seems to respond or care , is Norfolk not part of the NATIONAL health system ?

mibby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I bitched to my Consultant about hypos and she asked the GP to prescribe. Bingo! (Buckinghamshire healthcare)

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It was a 1/2 day out for me - sadly no biscuits of course. The presenters knew we were just there to get a box ticked so tried to make it useful and there may be people there who you can help with your experiences.

Reactions: Fenn

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I really don't Know how you all get access to this technology ( Libre 2 ) i've been in touch with my Drs , Elsie Bertram diabetes centre , and tonight my local mp , nobody seems to respond or care , is Norfolk not part of the NATIONAL health system ?

Keep badgering!

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Keep badgering!
Thanks Becca but i'me now running out of steam I think , i've left several message to relevant people who never seem to respond , unless i'me expecting things to happen to quickly perhaps .

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Becca but i'me now running out of steam I think , i've left several message to relevant people who never seem to respond , unless i'me expecting things to happen to quickly perhaps .

Tweet Partha Karr. He’s very interested in areas that are trying to dodge.

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
My dad only got offered it very recently I think they are slow in offering it good luck @jaywak keep emailing them

captaindave

Well they raised my hopes up then dashed them again :-(

Had an appointment for yesterday to have Libre fitted, but had a text a few hours before - apparently there is a manufacture delay for the Libre ..... so instead Libre are going to send them an A5X ?? - i called to speak to the diabetic nurse, it seems that you have to still finger prick test when using the A5X, so my thoughts now are to just wait for the Libre, its been 6 years, so might as well wait..

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi Fenn, I was at your place,

the drs and nurses (for a long time ) always encourage me to try one and always refuse because I always thought I wld hate it.

Then, I decided to give it a try and guess what It was one of the best decision I ve ever made.

you know what to do pal :)

good luck

Reactions: Ledzeptt and Fenn

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
hi Fenn, I was at your place,

the drs and nurses (for a long time ) always encourage me to try one and always refuse because I always thought I wld hate it.

Then, I decided to give it a try and guess what It was one of the best decision I ve ever made.

you know what to do pal :)

good luck
Hi, thanks, been self funding it for years,

Had the training now, it was 90 minutes and called a webinar? Complete waste of time but the three nice ladies couldn’t see the 18 people present so I just watched tv with it on in my ear, have to collect “first” sensor from a different chemist in two weeks, then I’m getting them from my normal chemist. (Just in case anyone else going through this process)