Finally plucked courage to call Dr

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m happy to be off them but I’m not convinced I’m in remission and half expecting sugars to keep rising.
Stressing about what they will or might do will only make it worse! Try and relax and distract yourself other than when actually testing.

8.3 after but what was it before? You need to see if the background level is higher to start with or the response to food is jumping more.

My understanding of your situation was that a combination of diet and forxiga were giving you good numbers, but for your piece of mind numbers were sometimes too close to 4, hence wanting to come off the tablets to avoid medication driven lower numbers.

That means you’ll either have naturally low numbers (ie be in remission and diet controlled only) or they’ll be a little higher without the tablets but without the worry of being forced lower than you want by medication.

Depending on how high they go (if they do) and how you and your doctor feel about the new levelsis what should determine if you go back on medication, which one is chosen and at what dose if you do go back to it.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Stressing about what they will or might do will only make it worse! Try and relax and distract yourself other than when actually testing.

8.3 after but what was it before? You need to see if the background level is higher to start with or the response to food is jumping more.

My understanding of your situation was that a combination of diet and forxiga were giving you good numbers, but for your piece of mind numbers were sometimes too close to 4, hence wanting to come off the tablets to avoid medication driven lower numbers.

That means you’ll either have naturally low numbers (ie be in remission and diet controlled only) or they’ll be a little higher without the tablets but without the worry of being forced lower than you want by medication.

Depending on how high they go (if they do) and how you and your doctor feel about the new levelsis what should determine if you go back on medication, which one is chosen and at what dose if you do go back to it.

Not stressing. Feels quite liberating.
Am absolutely starving but feel fine. Haven’t had a wee since I left house at 7 this morning need one but normally I’m in and out all day!! Hardly drank anything and whilst I’m thirsty I’m not feeling like I’m going to die if I don’t. Haven’t drank at all for at least 5 hours. Not good but feels nice to be free.

This morning when I got up I was a 5.4 which surprised me as last couple weeks been in the 6s so this was lowest in a while.

Now 6 1/2 hours after eating, I’m starving, feel like I need to eat but I’m a 5.9 which is lovely. Feel bit funny as you would but not lousy.

I could jump In car and not have to think was I ok to drive.

On the downside I’m fighting cravings. Apparently my brain thinks now I’m off meds I’m cured and I can eat anything (wanted pot noodles), but I’m managing to tell myself no and stay that way.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You will get there, I am sure. You must drink though - dehydration will make you feel poorly. Keep drinking. Water is best.

Keep telling yourself NO to eating carbs and sweets. You aren't cured. There is no cure. You are heading towards remission, but not there yet. Eat anything you like and you will be back where you started in next to no time.

Reactions: HSSS

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cana - I often comment that our bodies like to work to routines. So, when we are first diagnosed, it can take a while for our numbers to come down a bit, because our body will try very hard to keep the numbers up, in it' (sometimes unhealthy) comfort zone.

It also means that our bodies produce digestive juices, enzymes and so on, based on what's been eaten and drunk in the last couple of days - expecting largely the same. Whilst you may not have changed what you eat, it'll take your body a couple of days to get used to the fact it doesn't have that bit of support from the meds. Keep the faith.

Additionally, you said you need to go to the loo, to pass water? Having worn a Libre in the past, my bloods always blip the tiniest bit when I need to use the loo. Now, I know everyone reading this's lives will be enhanced by that bit of (too much) information, but it's just another example of how sensitive we are sometimes.

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Additionally, you said you need to go to the loo, to pass water? Having worn a Ibre in the past, my bloods always blip the tiniest bit when I need to use the loo. Now, I know everyone reading this's lives will be enhanced by that bit of (too much) information, but it's just another example of how sensitie we are sometimes.

Snap.

D

Deleted member 308541

ou will get there, I am sure. You must drink though - dehydration will make you feel poorly. Keep drinking. Water is best.
Dehydration kills.
Keep telling yourself NO to eating carbs and sweets. You aren't cured. There is no cure. You are heading towards remission, but not there yet. Eat anything you like and you will be back where you started in next to no time.
Very true this bit, it's easy to relapse into bad ways.