Finally, progress with HbA1C

canarypilot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been type 2 for 3 years. My HbA1C results have always been 7.5-8%. I was initially put on metformin but had severe reactions (bad headaches and spaced out). I tried low carb diet alone without success so continued with low carb but with addition of medication called Sitagliptin.

In August 2019 my HbA1C was still at 7.5%. I was also 15 stone 6lb. So, obese, diabetic and stressed out with heart palpitations. I was told by my cardiologist to change my lifestyle before it changed me.

I was fortunate to semi-retire; giving up my on the road sales job and getting a little part time job. I immediately increased my exercise (15,000 steps a day) and went on strict calorie control diet.

In January this year, having lost 1.5 stone my HbA1C result was down to 7%. I continued the diet and exercise.

On Thursday last week, having lost a total of 3.5 stone, my latest HbA1C results were an incredible 6.1%.

I aim to lose a further stone which will take me down to 11 stone and well into the normal weight range.

My blood pressure is now on the too low side so my medication is being reviewed.

Just shows weight loss helps. Its been so hard and the hardest part is now to lose the last stone and then keep the weight off.

Hopefully this can inspire others. Don't ever give up.

Reactions: Allexandro