Finding it too much to deal with now

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I called my doctor's reception and they're going to contact the doctor about it. I've just tried to call the Diabetes Nurses and because they're at the hospital, they can't answer any calls or do any callbacks today.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I called my doctor's reception and they're going to contact the doctor about it. I've just tried to call the Diabetes Nurses and because they're at the hospital, they can't answer any calls or do any callbacks today.

Would it be worth phoning around the other pharmacies in your town/area to see if any of them have your particular insulin?

If they do, all you then need is a prescription for that alone and go there. I had to do that with a thyroid medication, because I don't get along with all the brands.

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Would it be worth phoning around the other pharmacies in your town/area to see if any of them have your particular insulin?

If they do, all you then need is a prescription for that alone and go there. I had to do that with a thyroid medication, because I don't get along with all the brands.
I've tried that and got no luck. Just that it will be in stock from January 2024.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've tried that and got no luck. Just that it will be in stock from January 2024.

That's only the prefilled Flextouch pens, they still have the Tresiba penfills for novopen, you can ask for those and a pen.

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my Hba1c results today after having it done on Friday. Not from my GP, but from my podiatry appointment this morning. It's 144.

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
That's only the prefilled Flextouch pens, they still have the Tresiba penfills for novopen, you can ask for those and a pen.
I'm on Lantus now. Not sure if I need to take the same amount, like I did with Tresiba?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on Lantus now. Not sure if I need to take the same amount, like I did with Tresiba?
Glad to hear you at least got some insulin!
Yes, according to the leaflet it's the same amount, and that's also my experience when I swiched from Lantus to Tresiba.

carnabychick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I’ve had the same problem. I was using Victoza and Novarapid which worked great together. Now no Victoza available until mid 24, so after a few panicky calls to the doctors as my BMs were hitting 16 mmol, they’ve given me Lantus today.
My doctors said they have had lots of people with the same problems.
I’m blaming TikTok and the weight loss injection stuff!

Reactions: Manondeslauriers
Hi I’ve had the same problem. I was using Victoza and Novarapid which worked great together. Now no Victoza available until mid 24, so after a few panicky calls to the doctors as my BMs were hitting 16 mmol, they’ve given me Lantus today.
My doctors said they have had lots of people with the same problems.
I’m blaming TikTok and the weight loss injection stuff!
Same with me. I am struggling to figure out what to do. The consultant says talk to your GP. Surgery receptionist sends me to the pharmacist. pharmacist sends me back to GP, who sends me up nurse who then sends me to pharmacy. All but the pharmacists tell me I should be able to get my Victoza... I wish my GP would find an alternative, maybe some lantus...

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good news, finally back on Tresiba.

Bad news, went up hospital yesterday again after vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach pains at work. The hospital still have no clue on what's causing it, even after some blood tests and a CT scan turned up empty. So they've sent me back home, still in pain with my blood sugars at 17.4. They didn't even do a blood sugar reading on their monitor, I had to do one on mine and got two different results within 10 seconds.

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up literally shaking this morning, blood sugar was at 6.4. Phoned up my GP to get an appointment, where they've now sent me to go somewhere else to be seen and I've still got the pain in my gut, made worse now by having some breakfast.