First "No signs of diabetic eye disease" in 9 years

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, I got my diabetic eye screening results today, which has since diagnosis shown background retinopathy every time. I've been low carbing for a few months, and did a month of mostly carnivore in April just before the screening - I've also lost just over a stone since January.

"Your test result showed no signs of diabetic eye disease" - wow. I am still morbidly obese (or whatever the latest term for that is) and I have some high carb days every so often, so I didn't expect this result. I'm very encouraged to carry on working on low carb and weight loss now!

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's fab encouragement to all of us who get a retinopathy diagnosis. Did you get any treatment at all or was it just diet?
I didn't have any treatment as it hadn't progressed beyond background, so just diet - I lost a couple of stone in weight a few years ago, but still had background retinopathy so it must be just the carb reduction.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, I got my diabetic eye screening results today, which has since diagnosis shown background retinopathy every time. I've been low carbing for a few months, and did a month of mostly carnivore in April just before the screening - I've also lost just over a stone since January.

"Your test result showed no signs of diabetic eye disease" - wow. I am still morbidly obese (or whatever the latest term for that is) and I have some high carb days every so often, so I didn't expect this result. I'm very encouraged to carry on working on low carb and weight loss now!
Excellent news and very motivational too well done.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: jjraak and jpscloud