First test been diagnosed in November

Sugarlisa

I’m Nervous I’m going have my diabetes eyes screening at my gp in the week and my first blood test since been diagnosed in November

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m Nervous I’m going have my diabetes eyes screening at my gp in the week and my first blood test since been diagnosed in November
It is only natural to be concerned ahead of these new situations. I have read your posts on food choices and morning levels since you joined. You are clearly doing all the right things so best wishes and we are all supporting you. Let us know how it goes.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
If it helps, I had my first eye screening yesterday and it was ok - I didn't find it that uncomfortable at all. Also, as covid secure as can be.

I was very nervous beforehand so the apprehension is natural.

You're going in the right direction too - fab! :cat:

All the best!

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck
You were probably told but the dilating of pupils can significantly impact. I cannot drive afterwards as I cannot see properly and am extremely light sensitive for a good 3 to 4 hours afterwards. But I am generally pretty light sensitive anyway so it might just be a me thing...

The initial drops stings a bit but I'm past 10 years worth of testing and always been okay

So, just plan ahead

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From my experience I would always advise to take and wear sunglasses - after not during- however odd/poserish that feels. Best wishes

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
From my experience I would always advise to take and wear sunglasses - after not during- however odd/poserish that feels. Best wishes

I felt like a Z lister with the shades on afterwards, but no-one asked for my autograph! Even in dull light, it was necessary...

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very true, I have transitions (due to aforementioned light sensitivity) but a good set of sunglasses make a huge difference. I still wouldn't drive mind you!