First test in the mornings

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
This has probably been asked a thousand times before but I always thought that we took our first test when we first wake up but when I do that my readings are always in the 6's if I wait 10 minutes every morning they always drop back to the 5's so what reading do I give on the fasting thread the 6 or the 5,Thank you:)

• Informative
Reactions: jjraak

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon @catinahat my friend and thank you,I want to share the true numbers which is what I am asking what are the true numbers the first ones or the second ones:)

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
The only way you could know your true blood glucose level is to have a sample tested in a lab.
Our meters are only accurate to +/- 15% so your 2 readings with a difference of just 1 mmol/l, are essentially the same reading and are as close to your true level as you are ever likely get with todays technology.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The only way you could know your true blood glucose level is to have a sample tested in a lab.
Our meters are only accurate to +/- 15% so your 2 readings with a difference of just 1 mmol/l, are essentially the same reading and are as close to your true level as you are ever likely get with todays technology.
Good afternoon @catinahat my friend many thanks for replying to my post and thanks to you I understand a little more now:)

Reactions: catinahat

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our glucose levels aren't static and will vary depending on how much we have in the blood sample we take at any given time. So whatever result you get when you wake up will be a "true" reading for that particular time, and if you prefer to post a result you get a bit later then that is also a perfectly valid result, so if any difference bothers you just aim to be consistent with which result you choose to post.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Our glucose levels aren't static and will vary depending on how much we have in the blood sample we take at any given time. So whatever result you get when you wake up will be a "true" reading for that particular time, and if you prefer to post a result you get a bit later then that is also a perfectly valid result, so if any difference bothers you just aim to be consistent with which result you choose to post.
Good evening @Robbity and thank you for your post its very much appreciated :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening @Robbity and thank you for your post its very much appreciated :)
I'd 2nd @Robbity
Consistency .

It's like golf
The real competition is YOU.

The scores others post are nice but won't make you any healthier sadly.

So best way to test is be consistent
Foot on the floor
After using loo
Or making that morning cuppa.

You choose.

Then everything is as consistent as it can be, and you'll have a truer reflection over time of just how well you're managing, keeping levels low or hopefully lowering them.

Good luck.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It's like golf
The real competition is YOU.

The scores others post are nice but won't make you any healthier sadly.

So best way to test is be consistent
Foot on the floor
After using loo
Or making that morning cuppa.

You choose.

Then everything is as consistent as it can be, and you'll have a truer reflection over time of just how well you're managing, keeping levels low or hopefully lowering them.

Good luck.
Good evening @jjraak my friend and thank you :)

• Informative