First time - and question on Byetta

Rob49

Hi everyone I have just joined. I have type 2 Diabetes, pretty much under control. my Doctor has recently suggested Byetta as my current medication seems to promote weight gain, and I could really benefit from some weight loss.

Has anyone had any experieince of byetta?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I haven't used it, but if you look up David Mendosa's website, You'll find a bit about it. He has lost so much weight, he's off all medication.
There's a Byetta thread on here somewhere.
you are very luck to be offered it especially if you are well controlled. In my PCT they won't give it to many people who need it, because it costs so much. they put them on insulin instead and compound their problems.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Rob49 said:
Hi everyone I have just joined. I have type 2 Diabetes, pretty much under control. my Doctor has recently suggested Byetta as my current medication seems to promote weight gain, and I could really benefit from some weight loss.

Has anyone had any experieince of byetta?

Hi Rob.
welcome from a Byetta user. Click on this link it will take you to the Byetta Posts. Have a good read. If there is anything not clear ask a question there.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=692

Cheers
Ken

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
. . . and welcome from me, also a Byetta user and very pleased with the results.

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Hanadr

Can you explain what you mean by "patients being put on insulin instead of byetta and this compounds their problems"??
I was put on Lantus alongside Metformin last November but am about to come off it and to go on Byetta so I am particularly interested in what you have to say about insulin making things worse.

Many thanks. Jude :?