First time tester(SD)Code Free)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good afternoon I had my lunch at 12.50pm skinless chicken breast,cauliflower,broccoli,half a tin of tomatoes,4 small chips:)

Before lunch 5.2 1.50pm 1 hour after lunch 6.4
2 hour after lunch 5.7

Last edited:

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning FBG this morning 4am/4.8
1 hour after porridge at 5.am/6.6
2 hours after porridge at 6am/

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning yesterday couldn't grt a doctors appointment as there are only 4 in the practice and they have 8,000+patients,which is understandable,so my doctor phoned me up at 7pm,the conversation went like this:)

If you want to just take one metformin tablet in the morning,instead of two,if you want to,don't try to hard on the low carbs,I explained that I was eating 80 to 100 carbs a day which I felt was right for me,I really wanted to reverse my diabetes if possible,doctor said that's not possible,once you have diabetes you have always got it,I said I cannot except that,he said well if you go below 3 and you feel dizzy up your carbs ,he will see me in 2 months for my 3 month assessment ie blood test and we will go from there,I also asked why I haven't got a Diabetic nurse as the last one left,he said they are getting a new one at the end of February,I then bid him goodnight;)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all my friends this morning breakfast was porridge and blueberries carefully measured;)
IMG_0754_zpsatt1jzhl.jpg

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good Morning all,before my porridge and blueberries 4.8
2 hours after porridge 4.8

JeanCL

Good morning I have my first meter and want to do my firat test could you help please,I have my first 3 month assestment on thursday but would like to begin testing to day,I am very nervouse and suffer from chronic anxiety,what has prevented me from doing this before is that I am worried that my original blood test hasn't changed with my low carb diet and exercise,it is the SD codefree neter full of bits and pieces ,Thank you

View attachment 21502 View attachment 21503

Sorry about the questions but is this worth buying.
View attachment 21501
I found testing baffling at first, but easier once I realised that it is the top edge of the test strip that is placed at right angles to finger tip - I wasted all but one of the samples that came with the meter trying to lay the tip flat onto the finger! I find, also, that rubbing my fingertip increases the blood flow to it - it's all second nature now, and not worrying at all, and I feel I am helping keep the condition at bay, as a borderline person. All the best, Jean

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning @jeanc (Thank) you, and all my other friends this morning when I got up my FBG was 5.0 to day I am conducting an experiment its been a week now since I cut one tablet out of metformin,now only on one(with doctor's permission of course,had my porridge and raspberries, and 2 hours after that my reading was 5.3 at 9am I had a toasted lidl roll and two poached eggs an hour after that my reading was 4.6,10am had a small apple one hour later 11am my reading 5.3 so far so good my body seems as if it does not need the extra tablet at the moment,at 1pm shall have my Sunday roast,which will be 1 small Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire,3 small roast potatoes,half a plate of Broccoli.brussels and carrots,with a small amount of Bisto gravy granules ,then I shall take hourly readings for the rest of the day,have a lovely Sunday:)

Reactions: Squire Fulwood

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon my just before lunch reading 12.50pm was 5.2
Good afternoon my 1 hour reading after lunch at 2pm was 9.0
Good afternoon my 2 hour reading after lunch at 3pm was 5.2

Last edited: