First time tester(SD)Code Free)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Good Evening @wiseowl_123 - If you go to the top of this page and click on Forums, scroll down to the heading FOOD and NUTRITION, there you will see listed all kinds of diets that members follow. Just click on any that interest you - you may well get some ideas of other foodstuffs to introduce into your diet.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening @Liam1955 thank you my friend I have just started to do that it should be easy as I eat mostly fish and cauliflower and broccolli tomatos,with Salmon,Yellow Haddock,sardines,Tuna
,Hecks Mediteranian sauages one day:angelic:

Breakfast on altenative days /Porride,with ,raspberries,blueberries,tomatoes poached eggs:)

ps and not to forget Apple cider vinegar on my small portion of mash,and a spoonful in a glass of water at meal times
You seem to have neglected to mention the four slices of bread per day that you mentioned before...

Reactions: Freema

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
You seem to have neglected to mention the four slices of bread per day that you mentioned before...

Good morning @bulkbiker my friend the 4 slices of bread (40 carbs) are eaten in two stages,two slices as a cucumber sandwich a morning snack at 11am,and two slices in the evening as a last snack:)

Reactions: Liam1955

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon all my friends at 1.30pm I had my lunch and very emjoyable it was two,my once a week treat with Hecks sausages(2 sausages 1g carbs):)

Will test at 2.30/6.2 and /3.30pm 6.6

Last edited:

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all my friends this morning's reading was 5.0 have a good day:)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast at 5.30am Porridge/blueberries 2 hour reading at 7.30am 4.7.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all my friends the results of my HbA1c are 50 down from 114 and cholesterol is 3.7 down from 3.8:)

Reactions: welsheagle

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OH MARVELLOUS NEWS!!!
Well done!!

Hope you are delighted!?!

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @Brunneria thank you, I am pleased the nurse phoned me and she was amazed I dont,think she quite believed it,but I'm not sure what it means in real terms my friend:)

ps do you think I might be able to come off of the metformin

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Brunneria thank you, I am pleased the nurse phoned me and she was amazed I dont,think she quite believed it,but I'm not sure what it means in real terms my friend:)

It means you have done amazingly well! Congratulations :)

The HbA1c test is a sort of average of your blood sugar levels over the past 3 months or so. Therefore it will include a lot of glucose that was in your blood stream before you started testing and sorting your low carb diet out.

An HbA1c of 48 or above is diabetic
Between 42 and 47 it is pre-diabetic (at risk of diabetes)
41 and under is non-diabetic.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In real terms, it means that your average blood glucose level (as shown by our home meter prick tests) has dropped from over 16mmol/l down to a little under 8mmol/l.

The blue numbers at the top are HbA1c units, and the white numbers at the bottom are prick test units, so you can see that you were above the top of the chart red zone, and now you have dropped to where the green and yellow zones meet.

WELL DONE.
- and keep it up, because you never know, you may drop further if you keep up this low carbing lark. :)

hba1c-chart.jpg

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/images/hba1c-chart.jpg

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you all my friends for all your support and friendship,if I stay as I am how can it drop any further or is there more i can do:)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all my friends for all your support and friendship,if I stay as I am how can it drop any further or is there more i can do:)

well, the HbA1c figure is an average figure for the last 2-3 months. So were you low carbing this strictly 2 months ago? If not, your HbA1c will still be reflecting those higher blood glucose numbers. Keep strictly low carbing between now and your next one, and you may see an improvement.

Also, and I am sorry to say this, because I know how much you love your bread... but if you want to get better results (lots of us aim for below 42, because that is below pre-diabetic levels), then you might find giving up those 4 slices of bread a day made a tremendous difference. But it is entirely up to you, and your meter. You have certainly been getting some very good readings, haven't you? So it is up to you where you decide to aim, both for your blood glucose and your food choices.

I hope you are going to celebrate?
There are some amazingly delicious low carb recipes around, including cake and biscuits and such. Have a look at this link, and you may spot a treat that you can enjoy without breaking out of your wonderful low-carb-zone. :)
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/vegetarian-vegan-low-carb-recipe-index.61859/

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's wonderful news @wiseowl_123 Well done
Mine was 95 at diagnosis and I got down to 50 at 3 months so your reduction is a lot greater than mine! But I continued to work on blood sugars and now I'm down to acceptable levels. If you continue in the way you are I'm sure your next HbA1c will be even better and could even be below mine.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you @Brunneria my friend don't be sorry about the bread I have had a slice of toasted edam cheese at 11am and just tested and it reads 4.7 will have lunch at 1.15pm:)

Grilled skinless chicken breast two small portions
Broccolli,cauliflower,brussels
Small portion of mash potato sprinkled with apple cider vinegar
i glass of water

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tested after lunch reads 6.7

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all my friends this morning as you know I have porridge one day and poached egg on toast the next day,would you change this or would you say you seem to be doing alright at the moment so why change it,this mornings FBG is 4.7 :)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lunch at.1.30pm Yellow haddock,cauliflower,Broccolli,2 small new potatoes,tested at 3.30pm reading 6.0m/mol

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all my friends this morning from 10am to 12 midday I have the first of my Xpert courses,I have decided to go just to see if it will benefit me and to see if the NHS has changed their idea's of LCD ,,enjoy your day:)