First Two Weeks On Lchf Lost 3.5 Killos

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just weighed myself for the first time in two weeks (handy having no scales in the house, I have to wait until I go swimming) and I've gone from 120kg to 116.5kg

At the moment I'm enjoying the diet and am no longer hungry. but I am having virtually the same every day.

Bacon and eggs for breakfast (could happily do this for the rest of my life)

Lettuce/spinach leaves/ 3 cherry tonmatoes and mayo with some sort of cold meat/German sausage type thing for lunch,

and on dietdoctor I discovered something called "Keto pork chops with cabbage casserole" (cant put link in post) and the cabbage done this way is out of this world (I don't bother with the Parmesan butter).

So I'm happy to have that cabbage with some form of pork/lamb/beef for my dinner.

Most nights I've also had sugar free jelly with extra thick double cream too.

Looking at dietdoctor, that cabbage meal is 11g carbs.
100g lettuce = 2g and I'm having less than 50 (gave up weighing it as there's no point)
100g Spinach is 1g, again just having a handful, weighed it once and the handful was 22g
Tomato is 3g on diet doctor but it looks like a normal sized one, not cherry.
Breakfast is 1g

So most days I've had
Breakfast 1g
Lunch, 9g for tomatoes (think they are much less) 1g for lettuce/spinach
Dinner 7g for meal, 2.5g extra thick whipping cream

equals a total of 21.5 carbs (presuming I'm working it all out correctly) a day.

Sometimes I add a bit of cheese to my lunch.

A couple of days when I was around friends, I had a couple of coffees with milk in, rest of week just drinking water, a couple of times a day I treat myself to water with a bit of Morrisons sugar free lemon in (0.1g in 250ml prepared)

So I think I've done OK for my first two weeks, wife says my breath is like a sewer and my mouth does feel kind of bad. Be interesting to see the result in another two weeks :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done - a great result! Yes I too have 'sewer breath' lol, as long as I lose weight I don't care - those who love me will put up with it and those who don't love me don't matter. :)

Reactions: Ojustaboo

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just weighed myself for the first time in two weeks (handy having no scales in the house, I have to wait until I go swimming) and I've gone from 120kg to 116.5kg

At the moment I'm enjoying the diet and am no longer hungry. but I am having virtually the same every day.

Bacon and eggs for breakfast (could happily do this for the rest of my life)

Lettuce/spinach leaves/ 3 cherry tonmatoes and mayo with some sort of cold meat/German sausage type thing for lunch,

and on dietdoctor I discovered something called "Keto pork chops with cabbage casserole" (cant put link in post) and the cabbage done this way is out of this world (I don't bother with the Parmesan butter).

So I'm happy to have that cabbage with some form of pork/lamb/beef for my dinner.

Most nights I've also had sugar free jelly with extra thick double cream too.

Looking at dietdoctor, that cabbage meal is 11g carbs.
100g lettuce = 2g and I'm having less than 50 (gave up weighing it as there's no point)
100g Spinach is 1g, again just having a handful, weighed it once and the handful was 22g
Tomato is 3g on diet doctor but it looks like a normal sized one, not cherry.
Breakfast is 1g

So most days I've had
Breakfast 1g
Lunch, 9g for tomatoes (think they are much less) 1g for lettuce/spinach
Dinner 7g for meal, 2.5g extra thick whipping cream

equals a total of 21.5 carbs (presuming I'm working it all out correctly) a day.

Sometimes I add a bit of cheese to my lunch.

A couple of days when I was around friends, I had a couple of coffees with milk in, rest of week just drinking water, a couple of times a day I treat myself to water with a bit of Morrisons sugar free lemon in (0.1g in 250ml prepared)

So I think I've done OK for my first two weeks, wife says my breath is like a sewer and my mouth does feel kind of bad. Be interesting to see the result in another two weeks :)
Sounds like you have hit the ground running with this way of eating..Should be good for much lower sugars too? Are you measuring yourself or not?

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like you have hit the ground running with this way of eating..Should be good for much lower sugars too? Are you measuring yourself or not?

Yes, I made a post yesterday with my results called

"Been Using My Code Free For 11 Days, Not Sure What I'm Really Looking For." in the "Blood Glucose Monitoring" section of the forum.

Don't wan't to get into trouble by posting same thing in two places :)

Reactions: Prem51

Norman Stanley

You should consider that the rapid weight loss is not unusual - I lost 5kg in 7 days when I started - but it is mainly water. Not that you are suddenly becoming dehydrated but that you have exhausted your stores of glycogen. Glycogen is stored around the liver as a ready reserve of energy and binds water to it. The total typically weighs between 2 and 4 kilograms.

So don't be disappointed if you don't seem to lose as much weight the next time you check. Providing you manage your kilojoules the 'real' weight loss will kick in. I've lost more than a kilo a week since May and can now fit into clothes several sizes smaller. It can be struggle at times but keep at it.

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It's funny how our minds work.
First 2 weeks I lost 3.5 kg (I presume it takes a while to get body into Keto)
The next week I lost 2kg
Yesterdays reading I lost 1.5kg, and while I know that's really good, I still feel disappointing that it's gone down from the 2kg the previous week (exactly the same diet)

In 4 weeks I've gone from 120kg to 112.5kg or 18st 12lb to 17st 10lb which is over a stone, so not quite sure why I feel so down about it. If I lost 1/2 of that, in just 8 months I would be 4 atone lighter.

I think it was getting on the scales and not being as good as the previous week :)

Wonders what it will say next week :)

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are doing brilliantly. Don’t obsess about the scales. Maybe try drinking more plain water and add a little more salt to del with the ‘ketobreath’. Just keep doing what you are doing, 1 kg or even half kg is a great loss! Don’t be defeated (and disappointed) by too high expectation, slowly slowly catchee monkey!

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done - a great result! Yes I too have 'sewer breath' lol, as long as I lose weight I don't care - those who love me will put up with it and those who don't love me don't matter. :)
Avocado is great for keto sewer breath

Reactions: zand