Fish?

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Used to love the Perard soupe de poissons which we brought back from France. Waitrose and Ocado sell it, but it has preservatives in which it didn't have before.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I just love fish, especially white fish. I always eat 2 to 3 tins of mackerel for omega 3. Why don't you try plaice or lemon sole steamed or poached ? They are very tasty and easy on the digestion and are well filleted so few bones if any. Hope you try out some. :)

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So many wonderful ideas in this thread thanks so much guys. I will need to try out some of these recipes:)

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aldi sell frozen tuna steaks, four good sized ones in each bag.Tuna like this has a nice meaty texture,similar to swordfish but cheaper.And no bones,nice with an Asian inspired dressing of some kind and salad.
We also have cod fillets baked with a chunky home made Italian tomato sauce.Our tomato sauce has been a family staple for years,I think the original recipe was by Phil Vickery. Put your fish in a baking dish skin side down (you can use skinless) cover each piece in loads of chunky sauce,cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.As with all fish don't overcook.I got this one from Delia,it's in one of her first books ( you know the one where she is holding an egg!) she calls it Italian Baked Fish.The juice from the fish mixes with the sauce so you end up with a kinda fish stew type sauce,and chunks of fish.Add in a Lidl high protein roll to mop up the juices and it's a winner every time.

Reactions: 2 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ASDA fish counters will do you cook in bags with herb butter of choice so you just bung the whole thing in the oven, but you have to ask for cook in bag otherwise you might get one that isn't ovenproof as it were. Sainsbury's will fillet fish for you. I bought a reduced price whole salmon one Christmas Eve and had the whole thing cut into steaks.

Lidl has MSC certified frozen wild salmon fillets which are quite cheap.

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yesterday I tried for the first time ever birds eye inspirations chargrilled lenongrass & chilli fish (never had fish like this before) with a few chips,side salad with sweercorn

It was absolutely fabulous I recommend it to everyone

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 2 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I love any fish, glad you enjoyed your birds eye lemon grass and chillie badboydavey, I have the birds eye cod in butter sauce that's delicious too, usually have it with asparagus cooked in butter with green beans. I have tried a cod fish [ no batter ] with peas from the chip shop a few times great with my Bg readings in fact for me it is lower than with some of the other things I eat. :)

1rnold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I buy most of my fish from the Indian supermarkets as they you can get them already prepared so just have to bake in the oven as well as they are quite thick fillet-sizes, they also suitable for freezing. I also buy lidl's white fish fillets to cut down into cubes and lightly fry in chickpea flour or gram flour as fish pakoras.