Fitness tracker advice

NeilB81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all

I want to get my self a fitness tracker watch I need one that tells the time as I have always worn a watch. Looked at fit bits and like but times are hard and seeing a lot more out there that I can get with same products on.
I want to be able to link it with diasend that I use for my pump . Now fit bit are already in there not surprising.
Just wondering if there were any other fitness watchers that could link and not break the bank.
Thanks Neil

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
second hand fitbit? A certain auction site has hundreds/thousands of them, either selling due to upgrading or because of damage, most damage is the strap and you can replace most straps - check that out before purchasing though!

Reactions: NeilB81

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I did buy a fitness tracker which did work ok BUT I couldn't read anything on the watch outdoors as it had curved glass and got reflections.
I now use Google Fit on my mobile (Android based) which does a better job and is FREE

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did buy a fitness tracker which did work ok BUT I couldn't read anything on the watch outdoors as it had curved glass and got reflections.
I now use Google Fit on my mobile (Android based) which does a better job and is FREE
I agree, Fitbits are not the best to read in sunshine. The drawback with using step counting on a mobile is that unless you have your mobile welded to you, you will "waste" steps. Daft as it may seem, I couldn't bear that! And I do find all the feedback graphs on the Fitbit site very motivating. Does your app also count floors and active minutes? Those matter to me too.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
second hand fitbit? A certain auction site has hundreds/thousands of them, either selling due to upgrading or because of damage, most damage is the strap and you can replace most straps - check that out before purchasing though!
If anyone is buying a 2nd hand Fitbit, I recommend the One, which is no longer available new. It is not a bracelet but a clip. I have threaded a bootlace through the clip and wear it round my neck. It records steps, miles, floors and active minutes, and tells the time. It has a unique feature, which is a little flower which grows when one is active and shrinks when one spends too long on this Forum! Another unusual feature is that the battery life is much better than the other Fitbits (except possibly the Zip). It will last well over a week without re-charging, but not quite two weeks. I love it.

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I agree, Fitbits are not the best to read in sunshine. The drawback with using step counting on a mobile is that unless you have your mobile welded to you, you will "waste" steps. Daft as it may seem, I couldn't bear that! And I do find all the feedback graphs on the Fitbit site very motivating. Does your app also count floors and active minutes? Those matter to me too.
Google Fit uses the GPS to calculate distance not the rhythmic oscillations of a walking step. In fact it works while still in my backpack

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Google Fit uses the GPS to calculate distance not the rhythmic oscillations of a walking step. In fact it works while still in my backpack
Indeed Fitbit miles are somewhat shorter than statute ones, but I just compare them with other Fitbit miles done by myself or my friends/competitors. For any "serious" running or long distance walking I would use my Garmin GPS watch. However a GPS watch will not record steps/distance gone inside at home or at work, and it will go a bit crazy if asked to record downtown among tall buildings.

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Indeed Fitbit miles are somewhat shorter than statute ones, but I just compare them with other Fitbit miles done by myself or my friends/competitors. For any "serious" running or long distance walking I would use my Garmin GPS watch. However a GPS watch will not record steps/distance gone inside at home or at work, and it will go a bit crazy if asked to record downtown among tall buildings.
Or supermarket isles looking for bargains!

Brillpaul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Got cheap one on Amazon for wife which syncs with app on phone....completes 4000 steps ++ daily...Now addicted to it!