Fitness

mikello12

Hi, i was diagnosed with diabetes in october last year and was wonderin if anyone has and recomendations or advice on any books for fitness? any help would be appreciative

Katharine

If you are type two resistance training is particularly helpful in reducing insulin resistance.

You can buy fitness dvds from http://www.collagevideo.com

This is the best place I have seen for home exercisers. The shipping charge to the UK is $35 so you are best to get several and infrequently. You get to see reviews and clips and the exchange rate is pretty favourable right now.

If you are type one you will need to account for your exercise in your meal and insulin plan.

candyrel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
loathe cheese and yoghurt, spinach, rhubarb and apricots
Through the jobcentre I am doing a Wellbeing plan that is free gym for 6 weeks and if you turn up for the 6 weeks you get 4 weeks free.

I am watched like a hawk so as not to overdo it and between bouts I take a very slow amble around the gym. They test my bp before I start and it was 162/92 when I first started and its now a wonderful 130/80 so I am back to normal there...thank god. It is great fun and I really feel brilliant afterwards. There is also a wonderful spa so I have a wonderful relax in the pool I am just not allowed into the sauna......oh well

The equipment they have is brilliant and I am meeting some really fun people. So depression is also being helped a little.

Its working for me :D and I have lost half a stone but gaining muscle tone