Fixing Dad!

Heretic1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes!
All,

I think this has been referred to elsewhere in the Forums, but just in case you have missed it, there is a programme to be screened on BBC 2, Sunday night at 10pm called 'Fixing Dad' which may be of interest. Apparently it is about the journey of one of our 'brethren' who didn't look after himself for a number of years and was facing possible amputation. His sons took. It upon themselves to turn him and his lifestyle around and have successfully done so that he has now completed a100 mile cycle race!

There was a Daily Mail article on this earlier this week also.

Cheers.

Reactions: 5 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got the box programmed to record in case I miss it. Looking forward to seeing it.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wasn't this a great success for the very low calorie Newcastle Diet!

JenniferG

All,

I think this has been referred to elsewhere in the Forums, but just in case you have missed it, there is a programme to be screened on BBC 2, Sunday night at 10pm called 'Fixing Dad' which may be of interest. Apparently it is about the journey of one of our 'brethren' who didn't look after himself for a number of years and was facing possible amputation. His sons took. It upon themselves to turn him and his lifestyle around and have successfully done so that he has now completed a100 mile cycle race!

There was a Daily Mail article on this earlier this week also.

Cheers.
I read about that documentary in Dr. Michael Mosley's book "The 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet" just the other day (read his book in one sitting). The two boys' dad's name is Geoff. I fully intend on watching that documentary. The story/testimonial in the book touched me.

Dr. Mosley's book foreword was done by Dr. Roy Taylor (Newcastle).