Flu shot?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Personally, never ever again!

Me too...got grabbed last year and literally had 5 months of colds with 7 days cold free in that time.

This year no flu jab, everybody else has had colds but me. Working out in the cold everyday in the winter normally keeps me cold free and flu free and as it has done in these last few weeks.. But last year I ended up having chest xrays, the strongest antibiotics available and discussions of steroids before the endless colds went. No way, something made me susceptible to colds last year and the only different thing in my life was being grabbed for flu jab n letting them do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmmm....lots to think about. Thank you everyone for your responses.

My husband and I work entirely from home. We are almost never on trains, never around children, etc. I think my risk is a bit less than people who commute, etc. Still I will mull it over during the next week!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I've been contacted twice by my GP's office to come in for a flu shot. I know they say it is not possible to get sick after getting one, so why have I heard people do in fact, get ill afterwards? I wouldn't get it before Christmas because I didn't want any side affects. It seems with any medicine, if 1 in 100,000 people get side affects, it will be me! Advice?

I've had the flu jab for several years now without any problems.

Reactions: 2 people

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me too, Noblehead. Never even a sore arm. i have it as early as possible in order to benefit all winter.
Was terrified the first time!

Jane.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Me too, Noblehead. Never even a sore arm. i have it as early as possible in order to benefit all winter.
Was terrified the first time!

Jane.

I do occasionally get a sore arm after the flu jab but it settles down after a couple of days, but have never been ill afterwards as far as I can remember.

Once over I didn't bother, then one winter I got flu, I was so ill I could hardly lift my head off the pillow, as a type 1 this wasn't a good place to be and I did fear the worst, ever since I've always had the jab at the earliest possible date.

Reactions: 4 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
no flu jab for me-- had one in 2001 and over subsequent weeks my blood sugars started to go bezerk and i ended up in hospital A&E (only time this has ever happened to me)

had a stomach bug about 4 weeks ago -- it lasted 48 hours and was gone