Flu vac. Yes or no?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Mine's coming a round on Friday.
Could be bad timing, I'm never reacted badly before, but I'm going to be up early Saturday, then I'll beon my feet walking around the NEC for the best part of the day, 6 or so hours, so here's hoping I don't this time either.

audsital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat carbs!
How stupid do I feel. Was at the nurse on Thursday and was offered the flu vac but said no. Started feeling dodgy Friday and have just been to the docs today after trying to cure myself with paracetamol. Not slept in days due to high temp , sore joints, swollen glands, nausea and terrified as bs all over the place. Once this is over I will be going back to the nurse with my tail between my legs:-(

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Yes, get the jab.

The downsides are almost non-existent the upsides are not.

Best

Dillinger

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I would say yes he does not want to have the flue I had a cold and I have never ever had a cold like it I realy felt ill so having the flu would be terrible

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a yes from me too!

I've been having these shots for years.. No problems what so ever.. A couple of times I have come down with something. I bounced back quick!
Though, I have found since changing carreer & not working with children, I hardly get ill at all.... :cool:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
He's getting it on Monday morning. He took the news better than I thought he would, haha!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Great news, he may have a sore arm for a few days afterwards where they inject the vaccine so don't worry if this is the case, also just keep an eye on his bg, some report that their bg levels go higher for the following 24 hours after the injection, but hopefully this might not be the case with your lad.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello

I had my flu jab in the top of my right buttock because of an arm injury. This time I had no reactions ( before, dead arm and 2 days of higher blood sugar levels) so it was actually a lot better than I expected :) also my GP did it:nurse:

Best wishes

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sitting in the docs the other week and he turns around to me and goes "ohh, yeah by the way you'll have to get you the flu jab " I was like...ehh no!" I never get the flu or catch colds during the winter. Plus I'm a member of the tin foil hat club. So no government mind controlling serum for me this year thanks! lolz

C

chris lowe

I had mine a couple of weeks ago plus a pneumonia jab (thought I would get away with it until I was 65) flu jab was fine but the I had a really sore arm from the pneumonia jab, but having had it before I'd rather a bit of discomfort for a few days. I hope your luck holds out Bazzza, but I'd rather not take a chance.

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had mine a couple of weeks ago plus a pneumonia jab (thought I would get away with it until I was 65) flu jab was fine but the I had a really sore arm from the pneumonia jab, but having had it before I'd rather a bit of discomfort for a few days. I hope your luck holds out Bazzza, but I'd rather not take a chance.
Good choice. The flu is not just a bad cold. It can be life threatening. I have only had it once and actually remember very little of it.

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i had my flu jab last week, i was lucky and had no sore arm or ill effects

Reactions: 4 people

Smitten73

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news, he may have a sore arm for a few days afterwards where they inject the vaccine so don't worry if this is the case, also just keep an eye on his bg, some report that their bg levels go higher for the following 24 hours after the injection, but hopefully this might not be the case with your lad.

Thanks for the advice, I hope he doesnt feel too sore after. :) I'll keep a close eye on his levels.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my first flu shot gave me a sore arm and site swelling, but very little response with any of the following ones