Fluctuating HBA1C Results

Cat1988

Hello All

I've just got my latest HBA1C results back and it has jumped by a lot for me from my last result. I was diagnosed as diabetic in July 2021 when my result was 50. I'm on Ozempic and Metformin for Diabetes. I lost my dad in February 2022.

I'm just wondering what can contribute to making it keep fluctuating as I guess it's not helping with chronic fatigue either.

Any tips/ideas welcome.

May 50 6.7
July 50 6.7
November 46 6.4 mmol

April 56 7.3

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi @Cat1988 Sorry for your loss.
There are many possibilities, over 40 things including carbohydrates can raise Blood Glucose.
However you mention 2 of them : Stress (grief) and illness (Chronic Fatigue).

D

Deleted member 543160

Sorry for your loss - stress and upsets can have an adverse effect on glucose levels as @ianf0ster has mentioned.

I get minor fluctuations all the time which I'm not overly concerned about, mainly because they're out of my control: so for me stress, pain, illness, some medications can cause these blips. But losing a close family member is likely to have a much bigger impact.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
May 50 6.7
July 50 6.7
November 46 6.4 mmol

April 56 7.3

Not a huge variance there but can I ask you something.
Do you believe the Met & Ozempic are treating the disease or the symptoms ?

Your A1c was 50 at diagnosis, bottom rung of the diagnostic ladder.
There was great potential there to turn this around naturally, did your doctor explain lifestyle options.

Your chronic fatigue is a symptom of high glucose, many of us had it pre-diagnosis.
Tackle the disease & the symptoms will go away.
Low carb & exercise could turn your life around, plenty of resources on here.