Folic Acid

juju85

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Washing up ! Lol
Hi everyone

I recently attended a pre pregnancy clinic and the doctor asked when I'd want to start trying I said within a year yet he's put me on folic acid already I'm confused as to why he's put me on it so early he didn't say , I've also been told to lose 7lbs in 8 weeks which I'm doing he did freak me out saying about high sugars mean I will have a in his words a "deformed baby" but that won't happen to me I'm determined to do this for me and my future baby

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah I think they usually put you on folic acid once you start attending a pre preg clinic to be on the safe side, how nice of him to talk about deformed babies! :/ Obviously keeping readings within the tighter range you are given is advisable to avoid any problems, good luck :) x

juju85

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Washing up ! Lol
Yeah when he mentioned that I did worry but I suppose he has to tell me everything

Vick22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Selfish people, liars, bad time keeping and mushrooms
Hi there Juju85, I've been on folic acid for about a year now after attending my pre pregnancy clinic. Sadly it's taking longer to conceive than we hoped, but I'm still taking the 5mg every day!

Reactions: 2 people

juju85

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Washing up ! Lol
Ah so it is a standard thing they do then ? Aw here's hoping you get blessed with a bundle soon lovely x

Vick22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Selfish people, liars, bad time keeping and mushrooms
Yeah, they put me on it 3 months before I came off the pill so that it was nicely in my system in case I got pregnant straight away. And thank you, it's getting tough now, everyone around us seems to be popping babies out! Lol x