1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Folllowup for Retinopathy

Discussion in 'Diabetic Retinopathy' started by johnpol, Feb 5, 2019.

1. johnpol

johnpol Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have been for a follow up for my Retinopathy in my right eye, the good news is that after 7 or 8 lots of laser treatment it has apparently settled and even the "Big Fan Shaped" vessel right next to my Retina has gone! so was quite relieved as I had some small micro bleeds in both eyes. But the Consultant had to go and burst my well being bubble as I mentioned that I could "see" my lens post cataract surgery, especially with bright light coming from the side. Cue lots of looking and checking, and long story short, I am one of only 3 people that he has ever encountered with this side effect from cataract surgery! He did say a really long word to diagnose it, but I can't remember it. I have to go for a second opinion for the options available as he is worried that if they try and put a new lens in, he may burst the bag that holds the lens in and "That would be disastrous to the eye and your vision" its a bit of a kick in the teeth as I had the good news regarding the Retinopathy, but am mildly pleased to be told "your an interesting case Mr Pollard, very interesting" If anyone is interested I will keep you informed as to what is happening, if anything, and the outcomes.

• Hug Hug x 4
  2. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

ooh... @johnpol
    thats a bitter pill to swallow after getting such good news.

You have my sympathies and best wishes all goes well, from here on.

updates as and when would be good, better if , of the more POSITIVE nature..i'm sure you agree.

best of luck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@johnpol I really hope this all works out well for you. I can understand your frustration though. If it isnt too crass lets just hope you are just “the special one”.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook