JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The food diary helps me stay focused as complacency about my blood sugar control is not going to help me try and reverse or stop the complications I have.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 23482 here's my food diary from yesterday ... definitely a bit obsessive

Blimey.
I used to keep a written one, along the lines of 'chicken with chorizo and cheese, broccoli, green beans. 5.2 before 6.8 after
And once I stuck with MyFitnessPal for 3 whole weeks, but that reduced me to exasperation.

I don't even do that now.
I must say I love your layout, and your comprehensivity. If that is a word. :)

But seeing that actually makes me realise how little I eat.
I mean seriously. If all that adds up to just 2,500 calories, and 212g fat, then I am probably eating less than 1,200 calories and far too little fat, even though I am LCHF...

I obviously need to do some proper tracking again.

Thanks for this!

Edited to add:
Yup. As suspected. Far too little. Today is a mere 1,150 cals, and 80g fat. And that is WITH the icecream that I don't usually have. Bummer. Need to rethink this.

Reactions: Goonergal

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey.
I used to keep a written one, along the lines of 'chicken with chorizo and cheese, broccoli, green beans. 5.2 before 6.8 after
And once I stuck with MyFitnessPal for 3 whole weeks, but that reduced me to exasperation.

I don't even do that now.
I must say I love your layout, and your comprehensivity. If that is a word. :)

But seeing that actually makes me realise how little I eat.
I mean seriously. If all that adds up to just 2,500 calories, and 212g fat, then I am probably eating less than 1,200 calories and far too little fat, even though I am LCHF...

I obviously need to do some proper tracking again.

Thanks for this!

Edited to add:
Yup. As suspected. Far too little. Today is a mere 1,150 cals, and 80g fat. And that is WITH the icecream that I don't usually have. Bummer. Need to rethink this.

I was also amazed at the amounts. I eat nowhere near that amount of food but must be eating enough or I'd be losing weight, and I'm not. I'm stable. I'd also feel poorly, and I don't.

@Brunneria it could be we are eating enough, and @bulkbiker is eating more than he needs. Or is it a man-thing? Or an exercise thing?

Reactions: Brunneria

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was also amazed at the amounts. I eat nowhere near that amount of food but must be eating enough or I'd be losing weight, and I'm not. I'm stable. I'd also feel poorly, and I don't.

@Brunneria it could be we are eating enough, and @bulkbiker is eating more than he needs. Or is it a man-thing? Or an exercise thing?

I think it is partly a man thing (greater muscle mass)
But also, my body adjusts within a couple of days, to different calories. My metabolic rate gears up or down sooooo quickly.

We went on holiday, and I was probably eating 2-3,000 cals a day, for a week - no weight gain.
Back from holiday, and I seem to be eating 11-1300 cals a day - and no blummin weight loss.

There is no justice, is there?
My body just sits here at this weight, and so long as I keep my carbs nice and low enough, I don't gain.

So why the heck am I eating so little?

Answer: cos I forget to eat. I just plug into work, or a book, or a forum, or the garden, or the tv, and forget about lunch AND breakfast half the time.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I've just added my consumption for yesterday and it doesn't even add up to 1000 calories.
I'm stuck at twelve stone!

I feel great, good energy, no tiredness, no lethargy, worked for eight hours from early this morning and done my chores.

I understand why but you think my weight would plummet!

I just don't need to eat a lot!
And I don't think about it much either now!

B

badcat

I only use a diary if I find control slipping and therefore need to do a period of testing/ retesting to get an idea of what to adjust and the effect adjustments have. Ive got a spreadsheet built up over the years covering the blood sugar change from eating them along with sugnutritional content (fats carbs cals protein fibre) of foods and recipes I use often. When on a testing mission I use a paper diary and update the spreadsheet as necessary

Last edited by a moderator: