Food for Type 2 Diabetes – Nutrition Mythbusters

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
If people want to use scientific terms like "Carbohydrate" please use them accurately.
A carbohydrate is an organic molecule made up of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen atoms.[ subcategories include starches and sugars] IT IS NOT a Food. Most plant based foods contain carbohydrates. Some carbohydrates have metabolic functions, some do not. Cellulose is an insoluble carbohydrate, which is digested by herbivores with the aid of comensal microorganisms..
Those carbohydrates which are metabolically active, usually are made up of and break down to simple sugars. Some of the simple sugars are easily changed to glucose some are not. Glucose is probably the most commonly encountered sugar in nature. It's one half of the sucrose [cane/beet sugar] molecule and starches consist of chains of 100% glucose.
Animal product foods are usually carb free so don't raise blood glucose as much as plant foods do. In addition animal fats have not been shown to be harmful, although loads of people blithely state that they ar That's a myth of a giant order.
Robert Atkins was a cardiologist, who devised his high fat/low carb diet to help his heart patients to become more healthy. Those who stuck to his diet survived better on the whole than the ones who followed the medically unproven high complex carb low fat diet, recommended by most of the Western Healthcare "experts". these people never explain the structure of the magical Complex carbohydrate. It it's a cellulioe, it's not going to raise bg, because it's indigestible. If it's a starch, it will be broken down to glucose very fast, in minutes actually, and appear in the blood immediately thereafter.
Please don't anyone start talking about molecules unless you at least have a basic understanding of chemistry or better still molecular biology and metaolism.
Sorry I got steamed up, but Iwas trained by a chemistry professor who inssisted on accuracy
Hana

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No
Not having it sorry.
It's like saying don't talk about engines unless you drive.
I myself do appreciate your insight into the wonderful world of chemistry.
I act-but your most welcome to discuss Stanislavski with me if you like:lol:

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I do love the way some people on here post in such a superior i am cleverer than you way.

Even if what your saying is correct it is no way to win people over.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Factotum and Omnologist:eek:

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app