Food Ratios

craftbunny

Dislikes
Foul language, liars, bad attitude, arrogance, intolerence, over use of sarcasm, cruelty and abuse of people and animals.
Hello everyone,
I am T2 and have been for over 10 years now. On Metformin, Simvastatin and Onglaza and lots of painkillers for Neuropathic Pain, Fibromyalgia and Osteo-arthritis.

I am back on the wagon again and trying desperately to lose weight. This is hard due to my low energy levels with the Fibro and other stuff but i need to really get back on track with my diabetes as i think once i can do that some of the other stuff will improve. I do exercise and take the dog out at least 5 days a week for an hour walk. My husband does the other two.

I discovered this site again and the Low CArb advice which sort of confused me when you compare it with the advice from the NHS, seems to contradict each other, however the Low Carb way is the right way as i have found over the last week.

My problem is this ... i havfe so many questions and this is the first one.

What should my food ratios be with regards to Fat - Carbs - protein.
These are my details
WEIGHT

I

MaryJ

Hi there

Welcome to the forum.

Think your post hadn't finished.

For my low carbing has to be the way to go, I'm not on any meds so its really my only way to contrlol my BG.

Re the ratio of foods I based my meals round a protein, and then add salad/veg. My fats come from butter, olive oil for cooking, cream for sauces. My carbs come from milk, the vegs/salads. I don't add any carbs to my meals (like bread, pots, pasta, rice). By testing 2 hours after meals I have come to the conclusion that even a small amount of carbs sent my BG up. so removed them and by default lost 3.5 stone and pain in my hands etc improved, Cholesterol improved, BP improved to the point my BP tablets were sending me dizzy so taken off them

Mary x

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
craftbunny said:
Hello everyone,
I am T2 and have been for over 10 years now. On Metformin, Simvastatin and Onglaza and lots of painkillers for Neuropathic Pain, Fibromyalgia and Osteo-arthritis.

I am back on the wagon again and trying desperately to lose weight. This is hard due to my low energy levels with the Fibro and other stuff but i need to really get back on track with my diabetes as i think once i can do that some of the other stuff will improve. I do exercise and take the dog out at least 5 days a week for an hour walk. My husband does the other two.

I discovered this site again and the Low CArb advice which sort of confused me when you compare it with the advice from the NHS, seems to contradict each other, however the Low Carb way is the right way as i have found over the last week.

My problem is this ... i havfe so many questions and this is the first one.

What should my food ratios be with regards to Fat - Carbs - protein.
These are my details
WEIGHT

I

Firstly, I would address how long have you been taking Simvastatin and could that be the cause of your low energy, fibromyalgia and arthritis?

I'm not a doctor and certainly am not saying you should stop taking it, but it might be worth looking into whether you're actually suffering from side effects from taking it. If you put 'Simvastatin' into the search bar on the forum you'll find lots of info about it.

Secondly, I find this website a very simple but excellent one to keep in my favourites and I often refer to it for guidance about LCHF diet - http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

:)