Foot Calluses

elie1102

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, this is the first time I have dead skin on the bottom of my left foot. I have been type 1 diabetic for 8 years my hb1ac is 7. How concerning should it be? I am going to see the doctor today.

Last edited:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Getting it looked at is a good idea. Dead skin does not sound too worrying but the Doc should be able to help if help is needed.

M

Member496333

I had really very hard, dry skin on my feet. Ketogenic eating helped a lot, but even using a very good foot cream the dryness persisted. Since adopting a fully carnivorous diet the soles of my feet are softer than a baby’s derrière.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I had really very hard, dry skin on my feet. Ketogenic eating helped a lot, but even using a very good foot cream the dryness persisted. Since adopting a fully carnivorous diet the soles of my feet are softer than a baby’s derrière.
Jim, the OP is not asking about diet, they are worried about their feet. Please stay on topic.

M

Member496333

Jim, the OP is not asking about diet, they are worried about their feet. Please stay on topic.

I’m simply sharing my experience of dry feet and dead skin. Elaborating on what fixed it. For me. It is entirely on topic.

Reactions: LindiePops

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I’m simply sharing my experience of dry feet and dead skin. Elaborating on what fixed it. For me. It is entirely on topic.
When the poster is a T1?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s odd it’s just on one foot @elie1102 , I wonder if your shoes rub that one foot or you have an underlying problem like a verruca or something. Hopefully you will be referred to a podiatrist by your GP.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hello @Diakat .
Doctor scheduled the appointment tomorrow. He told me on the phone that I should'nt be worried about it. I'll let you know tomorrow how the appointment goes.
It’s good to hear that you have the appointment sorted. Hope all goes well.