Foot care

annmaried

I am not long diagnosed type 2 and think my feet are okaybut signed up for firewalk for local hospice. Any thoughts? We get training and it’s all very organised

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would say go for it, and enjoy it - so long as your shoes are broken in and comfortable, and your socks don’t rub.

have you had a foot check at your doctors? All diabetics are supposed to get them annually, I believe, but it doesn’t always happen. So long as you don’t have any neuropathy, or other foot issues, then walking is excellent exercise. Enjoy!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I could be wrong @Brunneria but isn’t a firewalk walking barefoot over hot coals?

Edit for typo

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
oops - assumed Firewalk was to do with it being firebrigade related!
Thanks!

sooo, @annmaried please ignore what i said about socks and shoes :D And exercise. :D

have you mentioned your diabetes to the organisers? They may have a list of excluded medical conditions, and if diabetes is on it, then they won’t let you do the walk because of their insurance.

Reactions: Rachox

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
If this does involve walking over hot coals then I think it is madness for anyone with Diabetes to partake, I would not do it even if I were non Diabetic.

D

Deleted member 308541

I could be wrong @Brunneria but isn’t a firewalk walking barefoot over hot coals?

Edit for typo
It is this firewalk, there seems to be a lot of hospices run these events in the UK.

https://www.google.com.au/search?so...j1j6-1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0.V9nWCX6GlPs

images

annmaried

Yes madness is there !! Think it’s okay and my feet have been checked for neuropathy- it’s to raise funds for ACCORD hospice but for precaution will get GO advice, thanks for comments upload_2019-11-1_8-17-44.jpeg

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Be fascinated to know the distance in steps.