Foot complication

lemon&ginger

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I fell over recently and might have fractured my foot, but a Dr sent me away from the hospital saying come back if you run into complications. I had been given a protective boot by another Dr.

The thing is I get a strange rushing sensation on the inside of my foot and yesterday I heard a slight cracking sound , but my foot felt slightly better after that I'm still struggling to walk on it but there's very little visible bruising, just some swelling. The main thing I'm concerned about is the rushing sensation which happens from time to time.
has anyone else had this?

lemon&ginger

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Yes, I think I need to see someone who is more experienced with diabetic foot issues. Thankfully there's no numbness now, whereas at first there was some.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did they x-ray your foot? We have lots of tendons in our ankles and feet and it can take months to heal, it can take longer to get better than a break! Have you got crutches or a walking stick as this can take pressure off and help the healing. I would give it a couple of weeks and if no better or even worse then go back to a&e or ring 111 they’re really helpful

lemon&ginger

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Did they x-ray your foot? We have lots of tendons in our ankles and feet and it can take months to heal, it can take longer to get better than a break! Have you got crutches or a walking stick as this can take pressure off and help the healing. I would give it a couple of weeks and if no better or even worse then go back to a&e or ring 111 they’re really helpful

Thanks for your post and advice. They did x-ray it but two Dr's disagreed on whether it was fractured. I wasn't given any crutches or stick, just a protective boot. I was told initially to wear it for 3 to 6 weeks, before the second Dr said I could try walking on it normally. Thanks, you've both helped me decide that I'll see if I get anymore unusual twinges and then call if that happens.